R.I.P. Wayne Kramer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My gosh that is amazing! Unadulterated raw rock and roll. Look at those fans! Just chillin right up at the edge of the stage, no mosh pits, no crowd surfing, no one's mobbing the band, no wild special effects or lighting... Wow.
Ken

Almost 50 years later, Wayne at (around) 70yo still kickin' out the jams with the "rebirthed" MC5, this time as "MC50".
...band consisted of Brendan Canty (from Fugazi), Kim Thayil (from Soundgarden), Billy Gould (from Faith No More), Marcus Durant (from Zen Guerrilla), and the phenomenal (whatever you think of her) Arrow deWilde (from Starcrawler).

s6

Last edited:
Saw him years ago at a hole in the wall called TT Bears Place in Boston Ma. He played a bunch of MC5 stuff, amazing show, Had to have been around '93-'94.
I know TT The Bears well, or at least I did back in the day.

When I lived in Boston (early/mid 80's) it was one of my regular haunts.....as a playing musician, as a tech/roadie for others, and as a fan of all the great acts that played there. Many great shows there.....Volcano Suns, Birdsongs of the Mesozoic, Morphine, the Pixies, Throwing Muses, Faith No More, Pere Ubu, Miracle Legion, Pajama Slave Dancers, Pat on the Back, and lots more including one of my best birthdays ever with Fishbone.

But sadly, I didn't see Wayne there.

s6

Back