"I am not a vinylphile. I am not a vinylphile. I am not..."

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvanc

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
CHANT WITH ME GUYS IT'S NOT WORKING

stylus.jpg

https://ds-audio-w.biz/products/1118/
(finds price) Never mind, it's working again :eek:

But still, it's really cool they can even manufacture this. I'm reminded of the old story (urban legend?) about the two wire companies. And it all makes me miss my long departed Dynavector Diamond 17D2MR, still the best cartridge I've ever heard.

Signed,
I play maybe four records a year but that don't make it unimportant dammit

The 8th wonder of the world on how you can drag a diamond through a vinyl trough and get such glorious sound.
3Ba0VHW.gif

P4yg1l7.jpg

Pretty neat, but I have a few issues.

1. It doesn't look to be compatible with my $100 turntable. ; )

2. A paradox of sorts: my love for music and especially my love for live music coupled with work related noise exposure has made it all but impossible for me to appreciate the nuances of high-end audio equipment.

Pretty neat, but I have a few issues.

1. It doesn't look to be compatible with my $100 turntable. ; )

2. A paradox of sorts: my love for music and especially my love for live music coupled with work related noise exposure has made it all but impossible for me to appreciate the nuances of high-end audio equipment.
#2 Exactly! Only in my case it was 20 years spent in/around tactical communications gear in the USAF, coupled with Meniere's Disease that has left me all but deaf in the left ear apart from the tinnitus.

A shame, because I was raised listening to all genres courtesy of my father; classical, Miles, Coltrane, etc. as well as Dylan, Bowie and the like. Analog front end (of course); the venerable AR turntable through Dynaco PAS-2 tube preamp and Stereo 70 tube amp feeding Fisher "The Fisher XP-1" speakers.

Every time I think about dropping $$$'s to upgrade my existing system the 'why bother, you can't hear it anyway' rationale comes to the fore...

Aug 25, 2021 — The Grand Master costs $15,000, and that doesn't include the dedicated, two-box Grand Master EQ electronics, which add an extra 45 grand to the ... :eek:

I wonder how that needle will handle playing records backwards - IE "Another one bites the dust" or "Stairway to heaven"? The old needles did not hold up for vary long playing records backwards! :p

Yeah, backwards... 3rd side of Pink Floyd, The Wall, "congratulations, you have found the secret message"...

Radio station turntables and carts and needles were intended to run back and forth, to queue up exactly at the right spot. Consumer stuff, nope.

Latest posts

Back