Quest motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the article I found about the Quest Aerospace fire:

Tragedy at Quest Aerospace

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(From the AP wire via CompuServe’s Rocketry Forum)

COCOPAH INDIAN RESERVATION, Ariz. (AP) -- A fire swept through a small model rocket factory Friday, killing two people and seriously burning two others. Two people were dead at the scene of the fire at Quest Aerospace Factory, said fire spokesman John Abarca. Two others were burned over nearly all of their bodies and were transferred to the Maricopa County Burn Center. There was no immediate word on their condition. One person was also treated for smoke inhalation and minor burns. The fire burned two of 10 buildings in the complex. Firefighters let the blaze burn itself out because of the danger of explosion. The cause hadn't been determined Friday afternoon. The Cocopah Indian Reservation is in southwestern Arizona near the Mexican border.

...a very familiar storey, compared to Aerotech, except I can't find the date of the fire at Quest...

I may call the new owner and inquire within for the goods.

Johnnie Paul

added only minutes later: this article came from the 1998 NARHAMS newsletter, which is 5 years old...eerie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to Volume 20, Number 4

Back