• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 643432

Took me a while to figure out how the two locks on the bottom can unlock the gate.
This is not only funny but quite ingenious.
(Probably easier to have one lock and six keys though).
:D

Knowing who opened the gate can be important.

That's my personal hell, unless there is a band. I can handle crowds for a band, but I still don't have to talk to people.

Gotta be honest.

Asparagus pretty much sucks. I was in the Netherlands when they had white asparagus (and other asparigi). They still sucked, maybe not as much as green, but, enjoy.

I'll eat it but it's not my thing.

Drizzle it with olive oil, wrap in bacon, gril it and add some Romano and black pepper so it doesn't taste like asparagus anymore.

Westinghouse only Financed Tesla, did not create it. Oh, yea, Edison didn't invent either :D
Tesla had very little to do with the war of the currents; that was a matter for the business folks, Edison and Westinghouse. Westinghouse was a smart inventor and brilliant business man. Edison was a brilliant inventor and business man. Tesla was a brilliant engineer and inventor. None of them was a scientist. Tesla did not create AC, the AC generator, or the transformer. He invented the distribution system based on upsizing the generators, transformers, etc. A terrific feat of engineering.

View attachment 643432

Took me a while to figure out how the two locks on the bottom can unlock the gate.
Generally, you are supposed to have ALL locks prevent an unlocking. If all of them can allow a guy to turn on 12,500V on the others, the locks aren't helping much.

Generally, you are supposed to have ALL locks prevent an unlocking. If all of them can allow a guy to turn on 12,500V on the others, the locks aren't helping much.
Depends if you're limiting access to any of several people or locking out equipment for work. Lockout/tagout equipment is set up so you can have multiple locks and all of them have to be off before the [switch/valve/whatever] can be operated.

1714683713332.png

View attachment 643432

Each owner of a shared property supplies their own lock. If the gate is open when it shouldn’t be you know who is responsible.

<edit-late to the party as usual…>

Depends if you're limiting access to any of several people or locking out equipment for work. Lockout/tagout equipment is set up so you can have multiple locks and all of them have to be off before the [switch/valve/whatever] can be operated.

View attachment 643450
The entire idea with lock-outs is to prevent anyone else from turning on the piece of equipment you are working on.

A lockout that allows anyone to re-energize the system would be an issue.

The entire idea with lock-outs is to prevent anyone else from turning on the piece of equipment you are working on.

A lockout that allows anyone to re-energize the system would be an issue.
What I'm getting at is that the gate lock above isn't a lockout like you'd use for a machine. It's sort of the opposite--a means of providing access to many people individually. In more formal logic, the gate lock is an OR function since it can open with any individual lock removed. A machine lockout should be an AND function, where all locks have to be removed before opening. Different approaches for different purposes. And no, I wouldn't stick my hand into a machine locked out by the gate lock!

View attachment 643432

But this way, you can always tell who forgot to put the lock back on.

Before lawyers we could drive across the spillway of a dam NE of Phoenix. On the gate there was a chain of many locks linked together plus some real chain.
The secret was there was a key on top of the post.

Back