Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
22520160426163.jpg

They might be skating a little close to some trademark and copyright issues here...

IMG_0032.jpg

It doesn't make me laugh. I makes me ask the question: What ever happened to real car bumpers?

Bob

Bumpers are supposed to soften an impact for the people inside the car. Looks to me like it worked perfectly.

Edit to add: that's a 15 foot high tree, cut off at the knees. You think a 1950s bumper would have survived that?

Perhaps she was working on a modern version of Macbeth (for those of you who remember reading that).

"Macbeth shall never vanquish'd be until Great Birnam Wood to high Dunsinane Hill Shall come against him.' (Act 4, Scene 1)

The sad part is that eventually the booze wore off and she realized she had totaled her car and killed a tree. Well, better a tree than a person.

Bumpers are supposed to soften an impact for the people inside the car. Looks to me like it worked perfectly.

Edit to add: that's a 15 foot high tree, cut off at the knees. You think a 1950s bumper would have survived that?
Don't know about 50s bumpers, but I think many of the mid-60s to mid-80s front bumpers would have prevented the front end penetration damage observed on the Lincoln. I had 2 cars with 5 mph bumpers, a 75 Dodge Dart and a 1983 Nissan Sentra. The Dart got rear-ended while stopped by an early 70s bug-eyed Honda Civic. The Civic was totaled with the front end flatted to the firewall. I drove the driver and his 5 year old son to the hospital in my completely drivable Dart. I got hit near head-on twice in the Sentra: one by a Honda that lost it on ice, and the second time by 80's midsized GM. No damage in the first and in the second a cracked, not broken, directional lens mounted on the bumper. The Buick blew thru a stop sign at ~ 20 mph and totaled his front bumper, grill, radiator, and damaged the front fender, hood and front driver door.

IIRC both my Dart and Sentra were under $5K when new, and I wasn't hurt in any of the crashes (always wear a seat belt). The Lincoln was probably $35K+ when new and just didn't do as well in a real crash. That Lincoln's almost totaled. At least $10K in front end and body damage if the engine and tranny are ok, and probably another $5K in internal damage if the air bags went off. (If they didn't you have to ask why!)

Bob

Ian Anderson from Jethro Tull...a bit of an odd duck but talented none the less. I saw Jethro Tull in concert in the 80's and to say that this guy is a bit on the eccentric and theatrical side would be an understatement.

I've seen Tull over a dozen times, a buddy of mine and I are huge fans. We were watching the Grammy's with his sister when they won, she is a huge Metallica fan and for some reason got pissed at us when they lost so she started throwing things, probably because we couldn't stop laughing.

Back