Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too many added up, but my ears bled after seeing MxPx and also after seeing Isis. I got smarter and wore earplugs when I saw The Who.
Edgar Winter Group was the loudest one I went to. Much louder than Steppenwolf. I'm sure that there were other bands that were louder but living in the sticks I didn't get to go to very many concerts. I still remember the lead guitar player standing out 30 feet from the speakers and still getting feedback through the guitar. It's probably the cause of my tinnitus now. I'm sure that shooting had nothing to do with it.

Edgar Winter Group was the loudest one I went to. Much louder than Steppenwolf. I'm sure that there were other bands that were louder but living in the sticks I didn't get to go to very many concerts. I still remember the lead guitar player standing out 30 feet from the speakers and still getting feedback through the guitar. It's probably the cause of my tinnitus now. I'm sure that shooting had nothing to do with it.
Went to go see Black Sabbath at the Fox Theater in Atlanta back in the 80s. They were originally supposed to play the half-house Omni (a basketball arena in Atlanta, since demolished) but couldn't sell enough tickets. Their opening act, Night Ranger, ended up going straight from the Fox to a sold-out full-house Omni after opening for Sabbath.

Anyways, Sabbath had the amp stacks and sound system for the Omni, but in a *much* smaller venue. When my buddy and I got out of the theater after the show, we literally couldn't even hear traffic for about an hour.

I never though about it before but I saw Edgar Winter in Washington State University's old Bohler Gym which was a small venue. Whereas I saw Steppenwolf in the Spokane Coluseum which was a much larger venue and I was seated farther back from the stage. Winter probably was set up for a larger venue as the speaker stacks went clear across the back of the stage.
Glad I missed the Deep Purple concert. Didn't they measure the crowd noise at the old King Dome in Seatle well above 100 dB? Anyone remember how loud it got?

I saw Bachman Turner Overdrive at the Silver Dollar Saloon in East Lansing. 1975 I think. I was at the bar. Behind and a few feet above the bar was BTO. Cost $3 to see them. I saw Frank Zappa at Michigan State. First I got searched going in. I didn't have anything. But the guy behind me did. I was front row right. Zappa was about 15' from me. I thought he looked at me a few times. Probably because I knew all the words. But that's not how come I have tinnitus. It's cumulative. Stereo head phones, loud music, gun fire with out hearing protectors. I didn't even know what that was in the 70's. Jet engines. Saw other concerts, but I don't remember any being painfully loud.

If you are getting break checked so often that you need this, maybe it's you, not them. Stop tailgating the guy in front of you. You are breaking the law and you are not going to get where you are going any faster.

Tailgating is also a form of bullying. Stop being a bully!
You need to stop taking memes so literally.

Back