Paging "K'Tesh" . . . This One Says YOU, All Over It !

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been in my design notebooks for a long time. That tail is one of the things that stopped it going further, but it was good inspiration for another design.
I especially like the way that the fuselage / wing paint scheme is laid out . . . Not a fan of the tail, though.

Hrmm. I don't remember this appearing in Captain Scarlet and I thought I had seen all the episodes -- at least all the episodes that aired in the USA. And although I'm a total Gerry Anderson fanboy, I've never seen Joe 90, although clearly, I should.

Would it be OK to say, "FAB"?
I know it doesn't belong but I'm thinking FAB
Am I the only one thinking FAB?

Oh screw it... FAB!

Can it be done? Yes... It's more towards Neil's style, but it could be done. I'll add that I'm still dealing with the pain in my hand when I type.

Am I the only one who thinks it'd be better with some canards?

Can it be done? Yes... It's more towards Neil's style, but it could be done. I'll add that I'm still dealing with the pain in my hand when I type.

Every rocket is better with some canards. 😀

This rocket *is* a bit more my style, and I’ve been looking at it and thinking. But I can’t get past the ridiculousness of way the motors are hung from the arc like that. I normally don’t care much about realism with sci-fi designs but that just crosses the line for me.

Hrmm. I don't remember this appearing in Captain Scarlet and I thought I had seen all the episodes -- at least all the episodes that aired in the USA. And although I'm a total Gerry Anderson fanboy, I've never seen Joe 90, although clearly, I should.

My gut feeling is that it appeared in the later 'CGI' style series of Captain Scarlet, of which I am not a fan.

Give me puppets, Dammit!

Does not seem too difficult IF you put an engine in the main body (eject laundry) -- say 24mm -- and put smaller engines -- say 13mm mini engines -- up top (keep things flying straight).

Does not seem too difficult IF you put an engine in the main body (eject laundry) -- say 24mm -- and put smaller engines -- say 13mm mini engines -- up top (keep things flying straight).
Putting 13mm engines that far off the rockets cg seems like it would steer it into the ground... :dontknow:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's an OR Simulation of a BT-55 based version, 29 mm powered.... link to Build Thread.

2023-08-12 WAF SST Flight Simulation - Finished.jpgWAF SST Multi-View.jpg

Last edited:
Actually when I saw it my first thought was @hornet driver .

Really would love to see more from him. Hope he and his wife are well.
Hornet Driver is good, I'm very good as well as my wife -she is the best ever ! I only stop in from time to time to see what's up. Thanks for remembering me !! Not a lot of rocketry these days but I do have long term project going on--you guys will love this one--covid killed my kayak business but oddly enough I started making owl houses and I stay covered up--it's a good problem to have. Thanks all, I will be around from time to time. HD

@hornet driver lives!

Some of the best time I’ve spent on this forum is reading through his old build threads. They’re a bit hard to find given the way the search function works, but worth the effort.

If any newer forum members are reading this and are unfamiliar with those build threads then I highly recommend taking the time to check them out.

Putting 13mm engines that far off the rockets cg seems like it would steer it into the ground... :dontknow:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's an OR Simulation of a BT-55 based version, 29 mm powered.... link to Build Thread.

View attachment 597669View attachment 597536
I would put the CG up more to fly like a rocket, not an airplane. 1 caliber is good for an ordinary, run of the mill 3-4FNC. But this one can hardly be called ordinary. Maybe some bombs, fuel tanks, gear down to balance drag on the ventral (belly) side? That thrust centerline is kinda bitchy.

Yes Mr. RSO, it is good if all the motors light at the same time. IT IS SIMPLY AN IGNITION ISSUE!

The swing tests are getting harder. They will reveal any sin. Blessed are the simulations!

Even better than canards (fins up front) would be motors up front to make it look like an Ekranoplan. That would break just about every rule of common model rocket design decency. A true oddroc abomination, an RSO frightening machine. How many standards of good rocket design broken? Let me count the ways.

For any youngling reading this, listen to the Jedi and keep the fins and motors in back, where they should be. Avoid motorized pods and the Dark Side tendencies associated with them.

Back