Open Rocket & Roc Sim Sticky Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

But with the chart dasein668 linked, https://www.csudh.edu/oliver/chemdata/woods.htm

Basswood & its weight can be added using the 'custom' feature at the bottom of the materials list.

You can add them as custom materials. By adding them to the material database (check "Add material to database") you'll have it in the dropdown menu the next time you need it.

If you think some commonly used material is missing, let me know, it can be added to the default list as well.

Regards,
Sampo N.

Hi,

You can add them as custom materials. By adding them to the material database (check "Add material to database") you'll have it in the dropdown menu the next time you need it.

If you think some commonly used material is missing, let me know, it can be added to the default list as well.

Regards,
Sampo N.

OK, will do.

How is the file or just the drawing in Open Rocket transfered to TRF?

How is the file or just the drawing in Open Rocket transfered to TRF?

Hey gang! Back online...busy wrapping things up here before X-Mas break :D

To attach to a message, just go down below your post and you'll see under Additional Options an option to attach file(s).

When OR is first opened, there's a box that allows you to input info on the rocket.

I filled the box and the next time I opened OP the information was not there. Why wasn't it saved along with the rocket dimenions?

When OR is first opened, there's a box that allows you to input info on the rocket.

I filled the box and the next time I opened OP the information was not there. Why wasn't it saved along with the rocket dimenions?

Did you load the .ork file with your rocket information?
Did you save your original work?

(No, I'm not trying to be a smart a$$)

Maybe this should be a tip in the user guide/manual.

When you start OpenRocket, the design is blank. To open a rocket design that you worked on previously, Click File then Open, and select the rocket you want to work on form the list.

at the top of the component 'tree' is usually 'Rocket', double click brings up a box where you can add info (name, designer name etc see pic)

orcomments.jpg

at the top of the component 'tree' is usually 'Rocket', double click brings up a box where you can add info (name, designer name etc see pic)

That was exactly the the information I needed Rex R. After following your directions, the information I had enterd about the rocket previously came up.

Thanks for shareing.
Nice to know the info didn't just dissapear.

Thanks to scsager & GDJ for your suggestions also.

glad I could help :). your post got me curious about that feature since I hadn't gotten around to trying it...
rex

'print screen', pasted that into irfanview, then crop down to size(original pic was 1600 x 900), save as. running win7 x64...however the same process would work with win xp

I saw this screen shot posted on another thread.

If you expand the screen shot to the max, you'll see the rocket parts 'tree' has had extra information added next to the part.

Good idea. How is this done?

Double click on the default description in the rocket tree. This will open the dialog box to adjust the specs of the component. You can change the displayed name of the component right there.

Double click on the default description in the rocket tree. This will open the dialog box to adjust the specs of the component. You can change the displayed name of the component right there.

Thank you for your reply. Sounds simple enough, I''ll give it a shot next time I open up OR.

Hi,

Also, if you provide a component with a comment (on the Comment tab of the configuration dialog) that comment will be shown as the tooltip for the component in the tree.

Cheers,
Sampo N.

Hi,

Also, if you provide a component with a comment (on the Comment tab of the configuration dialog) that comment will be shown as the tooltip for the component in the tree.

Cheers,
Sampo N.

Open Rocket just keeps gett'n better!

Well, expert might be a strong term, since as far as I'm concerned there is only one expert on OpenRocket: Sampo, since he wrote the program.

The rest of us are experienced. And yes, Peter is quite right on poking around the program. Doing this can really give you the "what you can do" and "what you can't" with OR, or any application for that matter. It's a long way to learn, but sometimes the best learnt lessons are long and hard.

I belive Peter is not "quite right"... and is still on the loose.

Well, I can't really comment on his mental condition, whether the condition is exaggerated or not. I don't know him.

As far as I'm concerned, if he doesn't wear a tinfoil hat, pour mac and cheese down his pants, or stuff Hamsters in his rockets, he's fine with me.
:D

No, we're just not afraid to poke around in the program to see what happens.

Peter, I don't personally take offense to your negative, cynical posts...it's a free world (or so they say). I think the unfortunate part is that, from reading over some of your previous posts, you have a lot to contribute to TRF discussions. But if everything you present has a tendency to be steeped in a negative connotation, then people will eventually just roll their eyes and skip your contributions without even looking at them. THAT...would be a waste of a valuable resource IMHO...:(

I made a point in this thread. The person it was directed toward seems incapable of understanding it. At some point, you are either curious enough to overcome your fear of doing something wrong or you're not. Demanding that others spoon feed you while you allow your mind to waste away on its virtual recliner is not my idea of a good thing and answering every question for him only further flattens the angle of the that recliner.

Peter, I don't personally take offense to your negative, cynical posts...it's a free world (or so they say). I think the unfortunate part is that, from reading over some of your previous posts, you have a lot to contribute to TRF discussions. But if everything you present has a tendency to be steeped in a negative connotation, then people will eventually just roll their eyes and skip your contributions without even looking at them. THAT...would be a waste of a valuable resource IMHO...:(

Readers of this thread are encouraged to visit Peter Olivolas public profile. TRF has made the profile available to everyone.

Read all the information posted. See for yourself how his posts and build theads contribute tangible and valuable information.

Latest posts

Back