Open rocket help

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephen_1

Reaction score
I have this bug. Please send any suggestions on how to fix this, makes openrocket unusable.(have not tried beta yet)

Trigger bug

1. Download the latest windows version of open rocket

2. Open by clicking twice on app (I pinned to my taskbar)

3. to trigger the bug try to change the view. The program will open sort of miniwindows that will be all over.

4Moving your mouse over any clickable will also trigger and open the miniwindows seen on the right of the image.
1646094720192.png

Will you update the newest open rocket to the newest version of java? Might work with java, but the old one doesn't have any virus protection.

I had that issue with 15.03 for years... Had to disable the d3d as such. Haven't seen same with beta thus far... And any dependency updates that there are, are not for the graphics system or swing framework so...

"C:\Program Files\Eclipse Adoptium\jdk-8.0.312.7-hotspot\bin\java" -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -jar OpenRocket-15.03.jar

Will you update the newest open rocket to the newest version of java?
I'm not one of the devs, but I believe that they have stated that the plan is to stick with Java 11 for the next release.
Might work with java,
Huh?
but the old one doesn't have any virus protection.
The old what doesn't have virus protection?

Do you mean that Java 11 doesn't have virus protection and newer versions of Java do?

Please explain...

You need to have installed Java 11 on your Windows machine and use the java 11 virtual machine to run the server. There are installers available on the download site that make this a bit easier for those who aren't fully versed in nuisances of java (or other command line) environments.

Has anyone managed to solve this issue? I didn't have this before, now I have this with both 15.03 and 22.02.
I tried reinstalling and also installed JREv11 but nothing yet.
Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Back