Send me your BALLS.... Featherweight Tracker Data that is....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjs

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to work on compiling a KML/KMZ file for Featherweight flights from BALLS 2023. If you can send me your phone log (1Hz data) and/or the download from the tracker itself (10hz), then I can add the flights to the KML/KMZ file (image below includes 'basic' drone pic overlay onto GPS coords for BALLS flight line and my M1850 flight profile). Email the logs to [email protected].

I am interested in BOTH your phone's flight log as well as the data downloaded from the tracker. The phone log can be used to draw a flight profile even if you forgot to download the 10hz data from the tracker.

1695910416295.png

To share your data, open the iFIP app and go to the More... and select 'Share'. Then scroll down to the files for the BALLS dates (2023-09-22 through 2023-09-24). The phone log will be the file with just the date and number of bytes. If you downloaded the 10hz data from the tracker, it will be named YYYY-MM-DD_(rocketname)_HH-mm-SS. Click on the data and it will open a window where you can click on 'share' and then send it via email (or save it to the cloud and email it to me from there).

1695910851019.png

Thanks!

/kjs

I just saw a thread started by @Arpak back in January for a CSV->KML converter they wrote. I will have to review those features as it looks like they had good progress on KML features... :)

I just saw a thread started by @Arpak back in January for a CSV->KML converter they wrote. I will have to review those features as it looks like they had good progress on KML features... :)
Should do what you need if what you need is a kml file generated off a featherweight file!

Should do what you need if what you need is a kml file generated off a featherweight file!
Patrick - I started this thread and then your thread showed up in the 'Similar Threads'. I just skimmed through your thread now and am impressed by what all you implemented!! So.... I'm still interested in people sending me their files to incorporate into a combined BALLS flight data - but will probably look at using your code instead of me starting from scratch... :)

Nice to have a second generator to compare to... I now see above that I used feet instead of meters for altitude which is why my flight looks so high... :)

This pic has your KML on it as well (the green)...

1695919778324.png

Nice to have a second generator to compare to... I now see above that I used feet instead of meters for altitude which is why my flight looks so high... :)
Glad to hear it helped in any way! Let me know if you find any issues with it, I haven't added anything to it in a while but at this point I'll only do so if someone asks 🥸

I could use some help retrieving my data..
Tony, what does the other side look like? the other side has the radio and blue tooth chips on them... i don't know if comms are dependent on an active GPS chip, but it might be possible to still get the data... (maybe). We can also use your phone log for 1hz data if you want.

Back