My EV Experience

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Basically, the BA makes sure that the changes being made aren't going to step on each other, especially when you have large teams of developers working on the same code base.
Now this language surprises and confuses me. You're describing what a system architect or project software engineering lead does. A business analyst analyzes businesses; how the organization can be structured work most efficiently, what market segments to go after, stuff like that. For technical matters, once the product has been defined at the top level to meet business goals, the BA's job should be to stay the hell out of the way and let the brainiacs make it work.

Now this language surprises and confuses me. You're describing what a system architect or project software engineering lead does. A business analyst analyzes businesses; how the organization can be structured work most efficiently, what market segments to go after, stuff like that. For technical matters, once the product has been defined at the top level to meet business goals, the BA's job should be to stay the hell out of the way and let the brainiacs make it work.
It depends on the size/scope of the team. I'm a former developer that now works as a BA/PM for tech projects. Perhaps the label should be more like "Technical Product Analyst". The BA (or technical product analyst) takes the requirements from the product manager and breaks them down into features and tasks to be sent to individual developers. As I'm doing that, I'm defining the sprints for the work to be done in, and working with lead devs to make sure we're not stepping on anyones toes or killing any other related functionality.

Back