Michiana Three Oaks Launch April 9th - 10th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on up John,if you can it's like a reunion of a lot of fliers that used to come up to Three Oaks years ago. Club launches have attracted more fliers and we have upgraded things and continue to so.

trying my best to B there.

need Ross(magnum) to show, always a great guy to fliers.

john

I can't be there...At least I have a good excuse. I'll be in Huntsville with my USLI team.

trying my best to B there.

need Ross(magnum) to show, always a great guy to fliers.

john

Red Arrow still will be there. now if we can get Frank from PML to show up it will be a flashback launch.
swinf on by and say Hi. I would probably recognise you when I see you (been going there regularly since 1991).

Weather forcast at this point Highs close to 70, sunny, and wind under 10mph both days. Looks like it is a good thing the launch was post poned

Unlike last weekend, as it gets closer the forecast is improvingimproving. Now sunny both days low 70's wind in the single digits.
it dosnt get any better.

Really looking forward to it. 5 rockets prepped with J-M power, several more mid power rockets coming along for the kids, and of course whatever Senior Cayemberg brings along. Going to be a fully loaded truck....time for a trailer one of these days!

I will have my boys with me, but will be happy to help out with an RSO or LCO slot or two. Probably in the afternoon when the kids get a bit more lethargic....wait, that never happens!

Can't wait to see everyone on Saturday!

-Eric-

Really looking forward to it...Can't wait to see everyone on Saturday!

You too sir, looking forward to it as well! I plan to be there Saturday only for the lot of the day. Have one rocket prepped, bringing cameras as well. I'll do some limited filming and take some pics to share as well. Should be a great day/weekend if the weather holds. :cheers:

You too sir, looking forward to it as well! I plan to be there Saturday only for the lot of the day. Have one rocket prepped, bringing cameras as well. I'll do some limited filming and take some pics to share as well. Should be a great day/weekend if the weather holds. :cheers:

I'm looking forward to meeting you, so I was hoping you'd be there Saturday. I've watched most of your videos, and I'll be having my L2 cert flight Saturday, so if I'm lucky, you might get it on video! See you soon!

I'm looking forward to meeting you, so I was hoping you'd be there Saturday. I've watched most of your videos, and I'll be having my L2 cert flight Saturday, so if I'm lucky, you might get it on video! See you soon!

Hit me up when you arrive, see if we can coordinate efforts a bit to make sure we get the L2 on video... :cheers:

The car is all pack with my dad's and my rockets.

looks like ya'll are going to have beautiful weather in three oaks this weekend. hope ya'll have a great time and hope to see a picture/video thread!

Rocdoc, noffie, etoyoc - in the tree line to the left of the launch field, at the end of the watering system - in the tallest tree hangs my Firestick with a neon orange chute visible from the LCO table.

Can one of you post if that is still there?

Thanks and have a great weekend of flying, wish I could be there
Nick

Had to cancel today's trip due to the wife having a migraine. Going to be there tomorrow, hopefully there will be some good flights tomorrow.

One report is Justin and Eric walked by my rocket and got it out
Of the tree!! Man you guys are awesome

Had my successful L2 cert today! Flew a 4" Madcow PAC-3 on a CTI J285. Thanks to everyone at Michiana Rocketry for a great day. Thank you Mike, John, Gary, Tom, Mr. Bob, Eric and Justin and everyone I forgot. Can't wait to see everyone again and I hope tomorrow is just as great as today!
https://youtu.be/qtzlMhMwYC0

Last edited:
Congrats on the L2! Looks like a great flight and great conditions!

How was everything else? A lot of people show up?

Congrats on the L2! Looks like a great flight and great conditions!

How was everything else? A lot of people show up?

Thanks! It was great today. Weather was almost perfect. The food was really good. I'm going to take a guess of 150 people or so. Maybe a little less.

Congratulations Ryan! Nice video - 2230'? Man clear skies - looked like a perfect day.
What's next now your L2?

Had my successful L2 cert today! Flew a 4" Madcow PAC-3 on a CTI J285. Thanks to everyone at Michiana Rocketry for a great day. Thank you Mike, John, Gary, Tom, Mr. Bob, Eric and Justin and everyone I forgot. Can't wait to see everyone again and I hope tomorrow is just as great as today!
https://youtu.be/qtzlMhMwYC0

Congrats on L2 nice whistle going up :)

Back