Michiana Three Oaks Launch April 9th - 10th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the voices in my head are telling me I need to go. So maybe I'll go.. unless the voices change their tune. Not sure what I'll fly yet.. probably:

Wildman Interceptor 54 on a G60R
Saab sport on an I212
maybe something bigger, if I can get the time to prep.

Anyone have an address? GPS?

NO ITSA SEKRET

Actually, if you clicky on the linky in my siggy...There's a nice map with directions. Actually, if you just put in Avery Rd and US-12, Three Oaks, MI that will get you about a mile and a half north of the launch site. Just head south from that intersection and you will easily pick out the chaos occurring in the field...

Registration will be open both days beginning at 9 am.

You will receive your event Tag and Lanyard, which must be displayed while on the field if you are a flier, as well as flight cards.

The flier tags are color coded to the certification level of the flier for easier identification at the RSO table.

The tags will have the Fliers name, Cert level, NAR or Tripoli number.

Registration Tags are color coded as:

RED: Level 3 flier
BLUE: Level 2 flier
YELLOW: Level 1 flier
WHITE: Level 0 flier
ORANGE: Michiana BOD member

Last edited:
I'll be there both days to see old friends and make some new ones. Between rounds at registration and RSO I plan to fly the Mini Screech my father in law and I built
4 inch Punisher on something VMax (Bob, what do you have?)
4 inch Broken Arrow on an L1395
If I get it finished a 4 inch Vindicator on whatever takes it to 11,999 feet
Can't wait to see everyone.

We're going to have a blast, going to be great to see old friends and new.
I have 3 flights planned in between launch work.
Wildman 4 inch Extreme Wildman on a L1395
Wildman 4 inch Punisher extended with a L1350 or M1101
RW Bruno XL on a M1939

I'll be there both days to see old friends and make some new ones. Between rounds at registration and RSO I plan to fly the Mini Screech my father in law and I built

What case size?

What case size?

Long range weather looks great Sat and a bit breezy but sunny Sunday. It is a week out so it may change.

Reposting:

I may need some assistance one my flight with my rocket "ExPAC". I need someone who is good with binoculars to tell me which way my kite is facing, provided it deploys successfully, so that I can steer it toward the pad. I plan to fly that one early Sunday, if anyone would be willing to help me out, please let me know.

Normally I don't freak out about the weather, but am wondering out loud how likely the launch organizers are to postpone to the rain date if the forecast doesn't improve drastically. It's down right nasty looking right now!

As of now, I'm selfishly hoping to either see A) a greatly improved forecast or B) a postponement to the rain date (16-17).

Trying to remain positive...:cool:

Reposting:

I may need some assistance one my flight with my rocket "ExPAC". I need someone who is good with binoculars to tell me which way my kite is facing, provided it deploys successfully, so that I can steer it toward the pad. I plan to fly that one early Sunday, if anyone would be willing to help me out, please let me know.

I'm confident you would be able to enlist help at the launch. I would consider this a non-issue. :)

Normally I don't freak out about the weather, but am wondering out loud how likely the launch organizers are to postpone to the rain date if the forecast doesn't improve drastically. It's down right nasty looking right now!

As of now, I'm selfishly hoping to either see A) a greatly improved forecast or B) a postponement to the rain date (16-17).

Trying to remain positive...:cool:

I'm in agreement 100%

The status for this weekend on the Michiana site has changed from "Tentative" to "We are green for Go! See you Saturday!". I can only assume that means it's not going to be pushed back. I was honestly expecting an announcement tomorrow postponing it, even if the rain and snow in the forecast clears, the winds look to high to fly. Not sure what to make of this.

The status for this weekend on the Michiana site has changed from "Tentative" to "We are green for Go! See you Saturday!". I can only assume that means it's not going to be pushed back. I was honestly expecting an announcement tomorrow postponing it, even if the rain and snow in the forecast clears, the winds look to high to fly. Not sure what to make of this.

Maybe if they hold to a launch this weekend, Midwest Blast will become Midwest Bust. I know I won't fly in those winds. Especially an L2 cert flight.

Michiana Rocketry Members and Friends,

Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate with our launch we were planning to have this weekend.
We will be re-scheduling our MIDWESTBLAST1 club launch to the following Saturday and Sunday April 16th and 17th.

Please keep up to date with the latest launch info at https://www.michianarocketry.org/
Regards,
John Olevich
Michiana Rocketry Prefect/President

MIDWESTBLAST1.jpg

Excellent; thanks Gary and John! Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 16th/17th as well.

With or without better weather, the company will be great!

-Eric-

I was bumming could not make this weekend

maybe next week

haven't been there in years, did level 2 there in 95

john

Reposting:

We got you covered Brian.

Thanks, with the postponement my dad will be able to come to the launch and assist me now. That is if I can get permission from the significant other, I'm expecting it to be fine. I wasn't expecting to be able to make it to this launch initially since I had gone to the QCRS one only a few weeks ago, but my wife wanted to do something else with a friend of hers so it worked out nicely. Not sure what we have planned for the 16th-17th, I'll talk to her tonight.

I was bumming could not make this weekend

maybe next week

haven't been there in years, did level 2 there in 95

john

Come on up John,if you can it's like a reunion of a lot of fliers that used to come up to Three Oaks years ago. Club launches have attracted more fliers and we have upgraded things and continue to so.

Thanks, with the postponement my dad will be able to come to the launch and assist me now. That is if I can get permission from the significant other, I'm expecting it to be fine. I wasn't expecting to be able to make it to this launch initially since I had gone to the QCRS one only a few weeks ago, but my wife wanted to do something else with a friend of hers so it worked out nicely. Not sure what we have planned for the 16th-17th, I'll talk to her tonight.

Got the all clear to be there Saturday. See you then.

Back