Michiana Three Oaks Launch April 9th - 10th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The D1 pad is a really long 1010 at 12' I think. When you have a 1" rail that long with a rocket that big they will always wiggle some. The D2 pad is VERY stout and that's a 1515 and same thing...long rail, big rocket, some wiggle. I didn't really see anything in a true full on whip. Where in the video time wise do you see a whip?

-Dave

OK, you are right. D1 is the most noticeable. These caught my eye:

12:25 C4
13:27 D1
22:35 D1

OK, you are right. D1 is the most noticeable. These caught my eye:

12:25 C4
13:27 D1
22:35 D1

Ah...I see what you are talking about. Ok, I don't think that's a true 'whip' as it were - at least by my personal definition ;) - because that doesn't *appear* to affect the trajectory of the rockets flight. To me, true rod whip means a shaking of the rod/rail that visibly affects the trajectory from the original orientation. That (to me at least) is the difference between wiggle and whip.

Ah...I see what you are talking about. Ok, I don't think that's a true 'whip' as it were - at least by my personal definition ;) - because that doesn't *appear* to affect the trajectory of the rockets flight. To me, true rod whip means a shaking of the rod/rail that visibly affects the trajectory from the original orientation. That (to me at least) is the difference between wiggle and whip.

Cornfields are clod-filled and inherently unstable. Nothing to worry about.

Back