EVENT Michiana Rocketry Mayhem - April 1st through 3rd, 2022

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAllen

Reaction score
Registration is now open!

1642517336901.png

Launch times Fri & Saturday 9am to 5pm, Sun 9am to 3pm EST

Waiver to 16,000 FT all 3 days, unless notified

3 Day Michiana Rocketry Mayhem 2022 Early Registration Fee of $30.00 Includes
•Catered Banquet on Saturday Evening
(100 Tickets Available)
•Michiana Rocketry Mayhem 2022 T-Shirt

Multiple Vendors will be on site

LAUNCH EQUIPMENT

(8) Low Power Pads – 1/8” thru ¼” Rods

(8) Mid-Power Pads – 1010 (1”) Rails, 3/8” & ¼” Rods

(8) High-Power Pads – 1010 (1”) Rails

(4) Extreme High-Power Pads – 1010 & 1515 (1.5”) Rails

Launched Powered by a Wilson/FX Wireless Controller

Sparkys – More the merrier! EX motors all 3 days!

Online Early Registration January 15, 2022 through March 15th 2022.

Late on filed registration $50.00 - May not include T-Shirt & Banquet

Banquet starts at 7 pm Saturday after the launch and is being held
at TBD.

Attachments

• 1642517336901.png
    1642517336901.png
    263.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited by a moderator:
I might bring my wife, daughter, ez-up, some chairs, and a still camera. Will have to see if I can get a family road trip in order. Will need to bring a cooler for a stop off at Drier's Meat Market if they are still open? :headspinning:

I'll be there for my first Mayhem, and first Three Oaks launch. Looking forward to it. Have a few new builds to bring, along with some old workhorses!

Attachments

• PXL_20220323_225143730.jpg
    PXL_20220323_225143730.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20220324_180329641.jpg
    PXL_20220324_180329641.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20220324_180400991.jpg
    PXL_20220324_180400991.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 8
Bringing a couple of new rockets. Probably fly the White Wolf on a I211 and the Talon 2 on a G something or other. Gotta plug ‘‘em into OR and see…

8FE07AC0-983E-46EA-AA8E-5CBA13DBE1E4.jpeg

From the club prez:

MAYHEM IS A GO!!!
Michiana Rocketry Mayhem 2022
Launch Schedule: April 1st - 3rd

Friday & Saturday – 9am to 5pm
Sunday – 9am to 3pm
Waiver (Field is 692’ MSL) – 16,000’ MSL – Unless Notified
Launch Operations:
1. To access the RSO area please show your Michiana Rocketry Mayhem launch wrist band at the entrance to the flight line area – Only registered flyers will be granted access to the flight line. Non-registered guests must remain in the designated spectator area at all times.
PLEASE INFORM GUESTS THEY WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ACCESS THE FLIGHT LINE AREA PAST REGISTRATION!

2. Please present your completed flight card and rocket to RSO for pre-flight inspection and launch pad assignment.
3. Once the launch field has been opened by the LCO, please load your RSO approved rocket onto the assigned launch pad.
4. After your rocket has been loaded onto the assigned pad, please return to the flight line and wait in the active flyer staging area until the LCO opens the field for rocket retrieval.
Lunch:
Food will be available on field between 11am and 1pm Friday, Saturday & Sunday
· Hotdog, Bag of Chips and a Drink - $5
BBQ Banquet:
The Michiana Rocketry Mayhem BBQ Banquet will be held starting at 6:30pm at the American Legion in downtown Three Oaks, 204 W Linden St following flight operations on Saturday of the event. Only registered guests may attend the banquet, guests must present a Michiana Rocketry Mayhem 2022 wrist band.
Club Raffle:
Club raffle will be held during the BBQ Banquet on Saturday. You do not have to be present to win.
Raffle ticket prices are as follows:
· 1 Ticket - $2
· 3 Tickets - $5
· 8 Tickets - $10
· 20 Tickets - $20
Porta Potties & Trash Removal:
· Porta potties will be available for the event.
· Please make sure we leave the field in better shape than when we arrived. Please remove any and all trash and remember to remove any pieces of wrecked rockets should a flight not go as planned.
Thank you for attending!
HOPE YOU ENJOY THE MAYHEM!!

Impulse Buys for sure...And probably Countyline Hobbies. That's all I am aware of at the moment. If I hear of any others I'll post them here.

I was asking as I was thinking about making the drive to attend. But would need a couple of motors as this would affect rocket choice. Will try to contact them and see what they might have in stock. Thanks.

I was asking as I was thinking about making the drive to attend. But would need a couple of motors as this would affect rocket choice. Will try to contact them and see what they might have in stock. Thanks.

Do you know what motors you might need, or are you gonna buy on impulse (see what I did there…:rolleyes::p). I have a few extra of certain loads I could bring along with me, but I’m only coming Saturday. But, hey, if you need a N220DM or a M1939W or a L3150V, I’ve got you covered…:cool:

Thanks Adrian. I was looking for a K2050ST for the Saturn V and M2050X for the V2. Also a J800T for the grain bin would've been great. Thanks for the offer, but not even sure the last minute outing would even work. And I did catch it :)
Dave.

What are you looking for? Jay @ Impulse Buys usually has a good selection as does Bob @ Countyline. Some of us might have some loads if neither of them have what you are looking for too.

From the club prez:

MAYHEM IS A GO!!!
Michiana Rocketry Mayhem 2022
Launch Schedule: April 1st - 3rd

Friday & Saturday – 9am to 5pm
Sunday – 9am to 3pm
Waiver (Field is 692’ MSL) – 16,000’ MSL – Unless Notified
Launch Operations:
1. To access the RSO area please show your Michiana Rocketry Mayhem launch wrist band at the entrance to the flight line area – Only registered flyers will be granted access to the flight line. Non-registered guests must remain in the designated spectator area at all times.
PLEASE INFORM GUESTS THEY WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ACCESS THE FLIGHT LINE AREA PAST REGISTRATION!

2. Please present your completed flight card and rocket to RSO for pre-flight inspection and launch pad assignment.
3. Once the launch field has been opened by the LCO, please load your RSO approved rocket onto the assigned launch pad.
4. After your rocket has been loaded onto the assigned pad, please return to the flight line and wait in the active flyer staging area until the LCO opens the field for rocket retrieval.
Lunch:
Food will be available on field between 11am and 1pm Friday, Saturday & Sunday
· Hotdog, Bag of Chips and a Drink - $5
BBQ Banquet:
The Michiana Rocketry Mayhem BBQ Banquet will be held starting at 6:30pm at the American Legion in downtown Three Oaks, 204 W Linden St following flight operations on Saturday of the event. Only registered guests may attend the banquet, guests must present a Michiana Rocketry Mayhem 2022 wrist band.
Club Raffle:
Club raffle will be held during the BBQ Banquet on Saturday. You do not have to be present to win.
Raffle ticket prices are as follows:
· 1 Ticket - $2
· 3 Tickets - $5
· 8 Tickets - $10
· 20 Tickets - $20
Porta Potties & Trash Removal:
· Porta potties will be available for the event.
· Please make sure we leave the field in better shape than when we arrived. Please remove any and all trash and remember to remove any pieces of wrecked rockets should a flight not go as planned.
Thank you for attending!
HOPE YOU ENJOY THE MAYHEM!!
No chili man for food vendor?

No chili man for food vendor?
Chili man passed years ago. Sad to see him go. Was always something to look forward to back in the day. My kids loved it when they'd get one of the mushrooms he carved smiley faces on!

Club will have some dogs and chips for sale I believe.

PS.

You can always pop by my setup. I've usually got some kinda tailgate food going between assembling and taking pics. Probably doing some coneys Friday and some beer brats Saturday.

Hahaha 😄

Attachments

• IMG_20210321_162139497.jpg
    IMG_20210321_162139497.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 5
You can always pop by my setup. I've usually got some kinda tailgate food going between assembling and taking pics. Probably doing some coneys Friday and some beer brats Saturday.

Hahaha 😄

Mr jFlds my friend. Did I mention how much I'm looking forward to meeting you? :p:p

Chili man passed years ago. Sad to see him go. Was always something to look forward to back in the day. My kids loved it when they'd get one of the mushrooms he carved smiley faces on!

Club will have some dogs and chips for sale I believe.

PS.

Hahaha 😄
I remember him with his big pot of chili staying hot in the truck of his car. One year he gave the chili away free because the tip of his knife broke off and he wasn't sure if it was in the chili pot. We all eat it and far as I know knife tip was never found. Yes he was quite the guy.

Latest posts

Back