mega Hi flyer 6x up scale build cert'ed L2 flew straight ,up ( thanks na sayers)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like "Maga" better anyway!!!

Mega has been done, Maga is an original.

Thanks Jason , it's my dyslexia kicking in . Yes I used spell check to spell dyslexia correct
If you cant laugh at your self who can. I'm trying to come up with a name for the 30" rocket that's 4.25" in diameter still thinking about it . It's the "I have this nose cone " thread

Thanks Jason , it's my dyslexia kicking in . Yes I used spell check to spell dyslexia correct
If you cant laugh at your self who can. I'm trying to come up with a name for the 30" rocket that's 4.25" in diameter still thinking about it . It's the "I have this nose cone " thread

I fix this problem; I call all my rocket EXP-..... as Exemple EXP-1304A ; is the 4th rocket I build in 2013 and it's the first version "A" , the only problem is I have to not build more than 99 rockets, lol

Thanks that is a good insight . Also keeps track of your builds .

with the cirn.ca I can keep the inventory of my rockets, print fly sheets for the CAR launches , you have to be Tripoli or CAR to use it, it's free.

cirn_zps5495bbcf.jpg

Very cool , looks to have a spot for a sim file . Will check it out

Just update the motor for the L 1 has changed to a I 236 looks to be
9lbs all up the J285 is still good

Weight less final paint is 9.68 lbs in need someone to go into the file and change it to that weight. My laptop is broken and will just replace
But not sure if it would be before mwp . So I can load the new file into OR android app so I can get the cg and cp estes_hi_flier upscale3.rkt.ork

IMAG1376.jpgWell it finished as much as it will till it warms back up . No decals like I wanted
Total weight is 10lbs
2' tether from mount to shock cord 18' tubular nylon (1')
60 " chute
38mm
3/8 wall diameter 4" tube
1/4 "Baltic ply wood fins ttw ( big pain )
6oz cloth on fins and fin can
I236 to about 1000ft
J285 to about 1600ft
Keeping it simple no electronic
Think it will be fine see every one in a week

Last edited:
View attachment 150757Well it finished as much as it will till it warms back up . No decals like I wanted
Total weight is 10lbs
60 " chute
38mm
I236 to about 1000ft
J285 to about 1600ft

3/8" thick tubing?....1" thick shock cord?....are you sure this isn't your L3 project?!?!?

That's really cool, it looks like you've been putting a crazy amount of work into this. It looks really awesome! Congrats on the nose cone, I would never have the patience to make my own nose cone like you did.

Nate

I think it looks great! I love the colors. And awesome job on the nose cone!

This rocket will have a cal of 4 with the i170 and the trust ration is less then 4:1 , if you have just a little wind it will go Cruise Missile, or even worst, I hope you will not injure someone with this thing

( I check the rkt files and uncheck the force CG )

danger_zps64810dc7.jpg

Last edited:
Yes I changed. That motor out . Thinking I posted it well looking at the I236 . May go 7 to 1

View attachment 150757Well it finished as much as it will till it warms back up . No decals like I wanted
Total weight is 10lbs
60 " chute
38mm
I236 to about 1000ft
J285 to about 1600ft
Yes here it is . May still go on both motors

Like I said I may go . I know a I236 is not 7
To 1 . I'm not stupid

The mega Hi Flyer on a cti J352 blue streak went to 2100ft . And straight up . So got my L2 . Thanks for the people that believed
In me . And the doubts . Well you were very wrong .

Back