Loki Spitfire

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazyrocket

Reaction score
Anyone fly any of the Loki spitfires yet? I will be flying one at MDRA this month (for the Loki I case). Bobby B. at Hangar 11 did not know the designation. It is supposed to be like the AMW skidmark motors.

I thought the name "Spitfire" was trademarked by Mike Dunkel of APS?

Not tryin to start a pi$$ing contest, just asking a question

I believe this was covered in another thread somewhere (I know I read it here). I would prefer not to get into this topic as threads tend to go down hill from there. Just looking for information on the spitfire motor.

Originally posted by Crazyrocket
I believe this was covered in another thread somewhere (I know I read it here). I would prefer not to get into this topic as threads tend to go down hill from there. Just looking for information on the spitfire motor.

I'm just curious

I have not heard of any such thing. It is not listed on his site. Nor do I remember a certification announcement.

Sounds interesting though.

I did borrow the name "Spitfire" from the defunct APS. I could not find any of the principles to ask, so I made the assumption that they would not mind.

The 38mm Spitfire designations will be:

H100
I316
J396

None of these are certified just yet, but the process is well along the way.

There will be some other new motors this spring. Stay tuned.

Originally posted by jsdemar
Does this mean that Loki is now a fireworks company? If so, aren't they banned from posted on this forum? :rolleyes:

Loki has some very nice motors with alternate grain geometries. This makes them stand out in the market. Not sure why they need "Isp sucking" effects motors. But, I wish them luck!

-John

I still believe what I wrote, but as a business man I must give the market what it wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back