Gary Larsen's Farside Rocket - A BT-80H Scratch Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True, but I am informed they are a bit more conservative than pumps. I think that means the CG is closer to the ground.
Looks like a pump to me, it even says "Mary Jane Pointed Toe Pump", but I'm a guy, what do I know. :dontknow:
The world is a mystery, wrapped in a puzzle, baked into an enigma.​
Maybe it's the strap that holds it on...​

Mary Jane.jpg

Last edited:
My wife reminded me of the old conundrum,

“If a man says something in the forest and nobody hears him, is he still wrong?”

Depends on who you ask.

If you ask women, the unanimous answer is, “Yes” (usually associated with a facial expression that the answer is so obvious the question [and probably questioner] is stupid.)

If you ask men, the usual response is split roughly evenly between “Huh?” and “What…?”

Try this at your next mixed group of adults parent aged or older. It’s true.

Last edited:
I had a big kink in Crazy Train when it was on the pad, but it was near the hind end. The model rocket train was flexible and being pulled up by three canted F15 tractor motors. Some thought it was a bit crazy.

Wait until they see this one! Hey guys I'm not crazy after all. Look at this guy. Nice and stiff body, motor and fins at the back of the rocket where they should be, 4FNC design with solid wood construction! Just what everyone wants. Looking forward to seeing it in the air.

Don't be boring and push the envelope to the max! Hopefully it will be kid tested, mother approved! :)

Back