Loki J1001 availability?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate

Reaction score
Since the other two are now locked :confused:

Jeff,

What else do you have in store for Loki motors this year? A member of our club recently became a dealer for your products, so I'm looking forward to seeing a bunch of your stuff fly, and hope to fly some myself. Are you going to expand the spitfire range, or maybe some larger high performance stuff?

Cheers

I heard a propellant called "Napoleon Dynamite" to compete with Warp 9 was coming

Originally posted by jrogers
I heard a propellant called "Napoleon Dynamite" to compete with Warp 9 was coming

If true that's a stroke of marketing genius. Love the name...

LOKI products are great. I recently certified Level 3 with a M1882
and have had several awesome saucer flights with H144's.

I know he has had some red flame, black smoke, fast blue, and
sparky motors in the works. I have tested a few, there great.

Jeff, is that J396 Spitfire for the 740 Case? Can't wait for that
one.

Keep the products coming, good work.

William

LOL! :D

I do have some fast propellants but I'm never that creative with names. Good one Joel.

Originally posted by Loki

I do have some fast propellants but I'm never that creative with names. Good one Joel.

So ummm... is my question not going to get answered?

"Do your rockets have sharp talons?"

Do they have what?
I don't understand a word you just said.

It just seemed about the right size

Originally posted by Nate
Since the other two are now locked :confused:

Jeff,

What else do you have in store for Loki motors this year? A member of our club recently became a dealer for your products, so I'm looking forward to seeing a bunch of your stuff fly, and hope to fly some myself. Are you going to expand the spitfire range, or maybe some larger high performance stuff?

Cheers

Nate-

There are a bunch of new motors I'd like to get out the door this year. I don't know how many will actually get done, as time is short and things always take ten times longer than they should.

New propellants:
red
blue
smoky
sparky
fast

New motors:
38mm G motors, targeting G40 G80, and maybe G160
38mm moon burner for the 740 case
38mm 1200 Ns motor
54mm star grain for the 2000 case
76mm 2500N-s motor
76mm 8000N-s motor

all of the above are in the works, at various stages of development. I will get as many as I can done as soon as I can.

jeff: will you be at MDRA Red glare? I would love to see some of your motors. maybe fly a few.

Ben

I don't know how many will actually get done, as time is short and things always take ten times longer than they should.

Ain't that the truth!

Edward

VERY nice :D

Out of curiosity, how fast is fast? Is it fast like white thunder/blue thunder type speed? Vmax? W9?

This definitely sounds awesome though, and I'll be looking forward to flying anything and everything Loki that I can (mainly 38's) :)

<"jeff: will you be at MDRA Red glare? I would love to see some of your motors. maybe fly a few.>"

Geeez.
You got Loki hardware as well?

You must have broke the piggy bank this month.

Originally posted by MaxQ
<"jeff: will you be at MDRA Red glare? I would love to see some of your motors. maybe fly a few.>"

Geeez.
You got Loki hardware as well?

You must have broke the piggy bank this month.

I will not comment without my lawyer ;)

Ben

....well, I hope it doesn't come to that. ( LOL )

With all the motors you are on board for, I think I'm going to quit my current job and start mowing lawns.

It must be more lucrative than I ever dared imagine.

With all the motors you are on board for, I think I'm going to quit my current job and start mowing lawns.

1200-1300 each year (april-october) :)

Ben

Originally posted by ben
1200-1300 each year (april-october) :)

Ben

All that mowing and you still have time to make thousands of posts here on TRF.

BTW, this is post # 100 for me, just for the record

Originally posted by runandgun13
All that mowing and you still have time to make thousands of posts here on TRF.

BTW, this is post # 100 for me, just for the record

congrats. See, 1 more post :) :p

Ben

Colored motors rock. Fx motors are even better. Rocketry and the fireworks communities have to ban together against the ATF and our government.Our two hobbies have a lot in common,and our government wants to shut us both down.Please support companys that sell products and chemicals to both our hobbies such as Firefox and Loki. I am a member of tripoli for almost 20 years and a member of western pyrotechnic assoc. for 8 yrs. I find it apalling people are fighting in our community about being disassociated from the fireworks people. We have to fight our government not each other. Nuff said . Are those J-1001 ever going to be certified those motors rock still have 4 left can only fly them at ex launches.

It's not the number of posts that matters, it's the quality. If all you bring to the rocket table is smiley faces and playful banter then you really don't contribute much to the forum. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Nate
It's not the number of posts that matters, it's the quality. If all you bring to the rocket table is smiley faces and playful banter then you really don't contribute much to the forum. :rolleyes:

true and I will let that go sicne we odn't want a 4th LOKI thread ;)

Ben

Originally posted by cjl
VERY nice :D
Out of curiosity, how fast is fast? Is it fast like white thunder/blue thunder type speed? Vmax? W9?
This definitely sounds awesome though, and I'll be looking forward to flying anything and everything Loki that I can (mainly 38's) :)

I am out of the J1001's now but have test flown a bunch and
they are awesome. It is similar to the Warp Nine.

The J1001 (for 740 case) have a burn time of .7 seconds. It just
about ripped the fins off a 3 inch rocket of mine called "Sky
Streaker".

I think that propellant should be called "Blue Bang".

Because "BANG" and it's gone. Even his smokey load has some
power for a black smoke motor at about a J270 (for 740 case).

William

Originally posted by Rich Pitzeruse
God forbid we inject a little bit of personality into our posts, huh?

:D

-Rich

:D :D

:) :)

:( :(

Too many??

Well when you don't have to spend your money on anything other than rocketry, it does alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back