Just another Old Timer coming back to HPR

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi folks, I was a member back in the 90's and early 2000s suffering thru the BATF stuff and the wild days when you could certify once and go fly level three stuff. (Guilty here as my second flight was on a K550) I spent the last 20 years building my manufacturing business so did not have time for rocketry, but I recently sold the business off to a Fortune 500 and found myself with enough time and coins in the hobby jar to catch the HPR bug again. I used to fly up in Culpepper when Mike Showalter ran the place but now, I'm down outside of Charlotte and a member of both ROCC TP 067 and RSC TP #60.
In the past, I really like scratch building scale HPR rockets and will still do some of that to start. I'm going to do a scratch built 1/4 scale Viking 7 for my level 3 cert and following that a full-scale Hawk Missile. (I have an actual Hawk nose cone I found at an antique store years ago that is screaming to fly again. To reach those goals I'm getting back into experimental motors both solid and hybrid. I'm also planning something much bigger but will let you know if that develops.
I look forward to meeting many and learning from many of you over the next few years.

Attachments

• nosecone.png
    nosecone.png
    337.4 KB · Views: 0
Back