Lets see your casings

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LMAO!!! Ok... these are pics of the VERY first run of Animal Motors Works Hardware. They were machined by one of my buddies here in Phoenix, Anodized in Tempe, and then
I stored them until Jim Rosson came by and loaded them up to take to LDRS to transfer to Paul.
I don't have pics of all the bulkheads that he also made, and all of the nozzles I made.
We just thought it was hysterical having several thousand dollars of hardware in one spot, we had to take pics! ;)
Unfortunately, it was not MY hardware, although Paul very graciously allowed me to keep one of everything. (Middleman fee! ) ;P

R

Not exactly the whole collection, there are a few that are loaded into rockets for this weekends launch.
001-5.jpg

I added a couple of adapters and the NOS tank for the 54mm hybrid system I will probably never use....

CTI Pro24 3G
CTI Pro29 1G
CTI Pro29 2G
CTI Pro29 3G (x2) with 4 Spacers
CTI Pro38 3G with 2 Spacers
CTI Pro38 6G
CTI Pro54 3 and 4 Grain to be bought this Spring for L2 Cert.
image-1550595218.jpg

Last edited:
I dropped it at the PO about twenty mins. ago, you should see it Wednesday.:grin:

Awesome! Thanks! I couldnt pass it up for the price! Thats funny we're on here talking about cases and that I bought it from you!

No problem, had to clear out some space in the range boxes. Using the same user name makes it easy to know who's who. Mine's not the same, but it's awful close.

No problem, had to clear out some space in the range boxes. Using the same user name makes it easy to know who's who. Mine's not the same, but it's awful close.

Came yesterday! Very well packaged! Thanks again Chad!

Came yesterday! Very well packaged! Thanks again Chad!

You're very welcome, thank you back! I have a nearly unlimited supply of those boxes and stuff recycled from work, it comes in very handy. I probably should stock up before the greed machine eliminates my job.

This is all I have now, I have had more AT and CTI cases but they have long been sold. I may own some more AT LPR & MPR stuff soon I been dying to get some 18mm cases. But for now and the foreseeable future all HPR will be Loki.
2013-07-25 19.02.23.jpg

TA

was sorting through more stuff I retrieved from the shed, and here is a box of motor casings.

had to take a pic :)

Casings 11-2013 (1).JPG

Can someone please explain the 29/40-120?

Thank you,

The closures and case on the left are the 29/40-120. On the right is the 29/120. The 29/40-120 case can hold mid power reloads in the E-G range. (E16W, E23T,F22J, F40W, F52T,G53FJ, G64W, G76G, and the G138T (L1 required for this one) ) It's a very versatile motor casing.
9160725974_5ec2a450c9_z.jpg

The closures do not work with the high power style RMS cases, and the loads for the 29/120,nor 29/60 and 29/100 (G77R, G79W, etc) will not fit.

Last edited:
Ok sorry if I sound ignorant.

Do you have to buy loads labeled 29/40-120, or will that casing bold several different loads?

Does Aerotech make that size.

Do you have to use loads made by the casing manufacturer in general?

Yep it's an aerotech case. In general yes, you have to use AT loads marked 29 40-120.

In general you have to use specific loads for any case, but most have several loads for them.

The 29/40-120 case can hold mid power reloads in the E-G range. (E16W, E23T,F22J, F40W, F52T,G53FJ, G64W, G76G, and the G138T (L1 required for this one) ) It's a very versatile motor casing.

The 29/40-120 and reloads (G64W and G76G) are pretty cheap from Hobbylinc.com. Probably some of the best midpower motor and reload deals that you can get. I have two 29/40-120 systems. I load them before a midpower launch and supplement launches with single use G77R also from Hobbylinc.

I've seen this thread from time to time, and just never got around to digging everything out for a photo op. So, here they are. Everything from and Aerotech 18/20 up to an AMW 75/7600. And yes, there are lots of duplicate cases. I like clusters.... :) Phil L.Picture 373.jpg

The colections are very impressive, I'll post pics of what I have, just wondering how much was spent on the hardware for your collection?

Just wondering how much was spent on the hardware for your collection?

Are you serious!?!? If people listed the total dollar figure they have "invested" in motor hardware, a few marriages would be in deep trouble!!! Mine included. ;-).

She still has no idea what I'm blowing on every "K" launch. Thank the Lord we have separate finances.....

The colections are very impressive, I'll post pics of what I have, just wondering how much was spent on the hardware for your collection?

What mine would cost to replace versus what I've paid for it in cash are two very different numbers. Some I've bought outright at retail, some I've bartered work for, a lot came from buying a pile of used hardware from a local vendor at a discount, then selling duplicates to friends and using that minor to fill in gaps.

Last I checked, I think my hardware collection was around $2300 - $2500 retail. My cash out of pocket for it is under $1000.

-Kevin

image.jpg
The casings in my fleet, from left to right
54/1706
38/720
29/240
29/180
29/40-120
A 38 to 29 motor adapter with 29/180 motor CATO
24/60
24/40
Pro 29 3 grain
Pro 29 2 grain
2 29 spacers
Pro-dat tool with 29,38 adapters
54 to 38 motor adapter
38 to 29 motor adapter
Closure wrench
54, 38 and 29 seal disks

Al,

Any chance you can see if the Ellis cases are the same ID of the Kosdon cases?

Have not had a chance to take a few and mic one, but from memory, pretty sure that, yes, they are same wall thickness as a Kosdon.

Will check, mic it and/or fit some Kosdon bulkheads into it.

~ AL

Back