LDRS 42

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would strongly recommend against AirBNB FYI. The last 2 stays I've had were very disappointing. AirBNB will not hold hosts responsible for misleading or just outright deceptive listings. Not sure if VRBO is any better but I am discovering that if there are issues with an AirBNB reservation there is literally no recourse for a refund of any kind.

The Potter field is awesome. Smells like onions, too! It is nice to have access to a farm field in the summer.

What I find interesting about the Finger Lakes region is that it looks like simple, flat, agricultural lands at first glance. Then, boom, a 200 foot chasm with a rushing waterfall appears out of nowhere. Very cool.

Onions

Going on past experience and also a bit of an assumption. I would not be surprised if we do not have to work around or deal with the Onions for LDRS 42.

Sometimes the farmer can delay the spread of them, or move them to a different area of the farm land. The previous years left overs are used as compost to add nutrients back into the soil. It's ultimately up to the farmer of course, and we will be just fine if he cant delay or move the spread. Bring some boots just in case, also good to have boots in general... it is a muck farm.

We're gonna have to come up with a secret handshake or maybe put TRF on our foreheads with a Sharpie so we can find each other on the field.
If I go I will probably have some sort of name tag on with my TRF handle, or maybe put it at my table, or something. I would definitely want to say hi to any other TRF-ers that are there.

We're gonna have to come up with a secret handshake or maybe put TRF on our foreheads with a Sharpie so we can find each other on the field.
Just look for the Yellow and Black Super Big Bertha that will be painted by then in 29mm I just cut apart and took out the old 24mm D motor setup. You'll see me, it would be a random twist of events for me to get my L1 cert with that....lol. I'll have a 38mm Mega Der Red Max done by then too. I bought 10 years ago.

If I go I will probably have some sort of name tag on with my TRF handle, or maybe put it at my table, or something.

1) Get name tag holders like these stylish professionals are wearing:
Clip01.jpg

2) Crop and print off your avatar and info like this and place it into the name tag holder (a vertical holder would be better):

Clip02.jpg 1691185402537.png

And now your forum persona is right there on your person!

I met Dan Michaels and several other prominent rocketry veterans (my words, not theirs) at the last Red Glare launch and we riddled them with questions to soak’em for all the valuable intel we could! I mentioned we were looking for other “fantastic” East-coast rocketry venues that we should try to attend at least one time and URRG was at the top of the list for many of those veterans. LDRS 42 is the perfect opportunity so a buddy and I have our hotel booked and we will be driving up from NC. We have a pretty sweet launch site in NC but it’s energizing and exciting to see different fields and meet other folks that we’d never otherwise meet.

See y’all there!

So is one of the hotels the official hotel where the banquet will be held?
We stayed in Geneva last time.

So is one of the hotels the official hotel where the banquet will be held?
We stayed in Geneva last time.

Last year, the banquet was in the Potter Fire Hall, so not sure if there will be an "official" hotel.

We just got our reservations at Finger Lakes Campground! It is 25 minutes from the field and the only campground we could find anywhere near the field with full hookups and 50 Amp service. Going to be there 8 nights so we can do some sight seeing and hit the wineries around the finger lakes also. We'll be on site 108 so stop by and say hello if you're there too.

Hotel booked. Flights are currently being thought about. Gonna be a fun time.

What the best hotel within 45 minutes of the launch site??
There's no "Official" hotel, or does anyone know for sure where the banquet will be??

Thanks!

Look for my black and silver Big Nuke 3E, that'll be me. I'll have my 5.5" LOC Bullet there as well sporting Bajan colors.

Back