LDRS 42

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1) Can you typically pre-purchase motors and pick them up on site for LDRS?
2) I was scanning previous LDRS information and saw some had admission fees. Usually a fee for each adult accessing the range, kids flew for free under supervision of adult accessing the range. Spectators were free. Any ideas what the fee schedule might look like for LDRS 42?
3) For the adults accessing the range part, does this include adults that are their just to go on a scavenger hunt to retrieve your rocket if you have mobility issues? (I understand we may be able to hire child slave labourers to retrieve rockets if we don't have our own to bring)

I realize a lot of info will become clearer in 2024 after they have their meeting in I think its January. This is PURE speculation at this point.

1) Can you typically pre-purchase motors and pick them up on site for LDRS?
Yes at least for Wildman. Watch the vendors section for other vendors showing up. I'm sure there will be more

2) I was scanning previous LDRS information and saw some had admission fees. Usually a fee for each adult accessing the range, kids flew for free under supervision of adult accessing the range. Spectators were free. Any ideas what the fee schedule might look like for LDRS 42?
At potter spectators are free, everyone else will probably have to pay something. Occasionally they let kids fly for free with a paid adult Don't make that your plan until they announce that.

3) For the adults accessing the range part, does this include adults that are their just to go on a scavenger hunt to retrieve your rocket if you have mobility issues? (I understand we may be able to hire child slave labourers to retrieve rockets if we don't have our own to bring)
If you've got mobility issues, this field will be problematic. generally only flyers are permitted beyond the flight line, but I can't speak for URRG. I can say that the field is plowed mostly peat, so it's a bit of a slog that will sap your strength. I don't think mobility aides will be of any use - they will sink further or become mired in the dirt. Walkers and wheelchairs would be a disaster, the ground would never be firm enough and flat enough to support that. Carts and scooters are a no-go in the past, and the terrain is against them, anyhow. I once saw someone try to use a mountain bike, but they gave up in short time.

I realize a lot of info will become clearer in 2024 after they have their meeting in I think its January. This is PURE speculation at this point.

Rookie LDRS flier question. I've never been to any LDRS and I'm working on figuring out what rockets to take, and how many. For HP flights, is it reasonable to figure that one could fly 3 times a day, or are the pad wait times pretty long? First cut of rockets is at 10, so if I fly 3X a day, I could feasibly get all of them flown over 3 days. If wait times are long, then I have to start to cut back on what I take. Tnx.

Back