Is This An Acceptable Signature?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you want to know how this whole business started? I had the following quote from a member as part of my "signature." "I think everyone knew what motors he was talking about. What's a "Soncis" igniter Fred? " I received a warning and had that removed line from from my signature. I guess that was more threatening that Ramen's,eh?
You can tell on me too if you'd like. I'll admit it here that I'm lying when I claim to be a ranked builder for the year 2012. I made it up. Lying shouldn't be tolerated in signature lines, so I should be given a warning or something.

Do you want to know how this whole business started? I had the following quote from a member as part of my "signature." "I think everyone knew what motors he was talking about. What's a "Soncis" igniter Fred? " I received a warning and had that removed line from from my signature. I guess that was more threatening that Ramen's,eh?

It sounds like you felt your signature was fine, and you resented being told to change it, so that's why you complained about TopRamen's signature. I do not get the reasoning there. Did you really find TR's quote offensive, or did you just want to pass your bad experience on to someone else? When you were a kid, did you like telling on other kids because you got in trouble for something someone else got away with?

Maybe you were asked to change your signature because Fred, whoever that may be, didn't like you mocking him in your signature, and he complained about it. My take is that TR's quote expresses an approach to life that I don't really agree with, but maybe fits his experience better than mine. Whatever. He's not attacking anyone personally. While yours was intended to make fun of a fellow member. To me, yours is certainly inappropriate.

sure, driving defensively involves killing the other driver........right

That's odd........the original post, which contains the "mocking comment is still in the subject it was posted to

Top, you'll be missed, and I hope you reconsider.
Moderators have every right to monitor the forum and enforce the rules.
I don't know how the monitor in this case interacted with Top. I do think if a monitor has a problem with a post or a signature, they have every right to delete it. EDITING it to say something else I think is a little weird and probably not the best option, just give the forum member the chance to change it and if they don't then delete it, don't edit it.
As for the original poster, I guess he is entitled to his say as well, although I think he's a bit on the hypersensitive side. It's just a signature block, who really cares?
Again Top, hope to see you back. Illegitumus Non Carborundum.

With multiple moderators, I have to wonder if, in some cases, there are a set of rules being followed or some moderators are injecting their own opinion into their decision and the other moderators are just accepting their opinion in order to show a united front, even if they don't agree.

It sounds like you felt your signature was fine, and you resented being told to change it, so that's why you complained about TopRamen's signature. I do not get the reasoning there. Did you really find TR's quote offensive, or did you just want to pass your bad experience on to someone else? When you were a kid, did you like telling on other kids because you got in trouble for something someone else got away with?

Maybe you were asked to change your signature because Fred, whoever that may be, didn't like you mocking him in your signature, and he complained about it. My take is that TR's quote expresses an approach to life that I don't really agree with, but maybe fits his experience better than mine. Whatever. He's not attacking anyone personally. While yours was intended to make fun of a fellow member. To me, yours is certainly inappropriate.

+1 Then Top get's dragged into this guy's bull spit problems and drives him away. Real nice.

I love it when a thread about freedom of speech and expression has someone telling someone else to "STFU".

I assume others see the irony in that?

Big stack of first world problems right here guys.

Thanks, grouch, for introducing me to a new phrase..."first world problems". This got me to thinking about that "Walmart Aroma" we've all experienced. Is that a first world problem or a third world problem? Either way, it stinks!

The problem here is people assuming others care or should care about others feelings... I'm an offensive individual... Don't like it? I don't care...

At last, an acceptable signature!

JohnHancock.png

Depends on your point of view. The British did not think so and started a war over it. Of course we handed them their backsides...

All we do is wax poetic at the keyboard.

Latest posts

Back