IREC/ESRA team looking for donations

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I moved this post to its own thread so we don't clutter up one request with requests from other people.

Would any one like to sponsor or donate materials for my team of IREC

You might want to offer more details. TARC is something that we are all familiar with. I'm not at all sure what IREC is, let alone why I might want to support you. If you want help, you need to sell it.

You might want to offer more details. TARC is something that we are all familiar with. I'm not at all sure what IREC is, let alone why I might want to support you. If you want help, you need to sell it.

+1........

Teddy

Guys basically IREC is considered high power rocketry
There are two aims in IREC
1.rocket should carry any payload of 10lb to an altitude of 10000ft this is considered as basic category
2.rocket should carry any payload of 10lb to an altitude of 30000ft this is considered as advanced category
-Rules are mostly same
1.In basic category solid fuel motor are allowed all types APCP KNSU OR BP
2.in advanced category all types of Motor are allowed ex. Solid , liqiud, hybrid etc
3.there are no limition on dimensions of rocket
4.main recovery system should be deployed within 700ft to 1500ft after decending from apogee
5.Winner will be decided on points
1)there are points for altitude
2)points for innovative payload
3)points for propulsion system
4)points for rocket conditions after recovery
5)points for reusable components
More reusable components more points and vice - versa
6)more points are awarded for non toxic propellants

Guys basically IREC is considered high power rocketry
There are two aims in IREC
1.rocket should carry any payload of 10lb to an altitude of 10000ft this is considered as basic category
2.rocket should carry any payload of 10lb to an altitude of 30000ft this is considered as advanced category
-Rules are mostly same
1.In basic category solid fuel motor are allowed all types APCP KNSU OR BP
2.in advanced category all types of Motor are allowed ex. Solid , liqiud, hybrid etc
3.there are no limition on dimensions of rocket
4.main recovery system should be deployed within 700ft to 1500ft after decending from apogee
5.Winner will be decided on points
1)there are points for altitude
2)points for innovative payload
3)points for propulsion system
4)points for rocket conditions after recovery
5)points for reusable components
More reusable components more points and vice - versa
6)more points are awarded for non toxic propellants

Cool!

Do you have a link to more information somewhere?

Anybody interested team up with me

There is no need to worry about rules I mailed them they told me team can be mixed mean members from different countries and member could be studying in school or in collage or a university

For what it's worth, I've attended the IREC/ESRA launches the last couple of years (I happen to live close by). It's a pretty cool event/program. I'd say it's more of an "engineering" thing than it is about rocketry per se, but obviously rocketry plays a huge role in it. Its absolutely worthwhile from a rocketry perspective.
RocketJoe13 (Joe Hinton) is usually there as well doing support and/or as a motor vendor.

If you go to the link shown above, click on IREC/past launches/2014 (and/or 2013) for more info in the videos.

I've also posted a few bits on TRF about my own experiences there last year:
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showt...ions-quot-What-s-going-on-here&highlight=ESRA

And a couple of photos from this year:

check out this hybrid launch rig! -
DSC_2150.jpg

See if you can name two people in this photo of a certain young man "negotiating" with the judges -
DSC_2177.jpg

ESRA/IREC is cool, worth a look,
s6

Back