Hello From Cheyenne, Wyoming

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coopwyo

Reaction score
I am a new member here that lives in Cheyenne, Wyoming. Unfortunately we only get about 3 days a year to launch rockets when the wind isn't blowing, or the snow isn't coming in sideways. I've enjoyed building Estes rockets since I was a kid, and now I do a rocketry unit at the high school that I teach at.

I am a new member here that lives in Cheyenne, Wyoming. Unfortunately we only get about 3 days a year to launch rockets when the wind isn't blowing, or the snow isn't coming in sideways. I've enjoyed building Estes rockets since I was a kid, and now I do a rocketry unit at the high school that I teach at.
Welcome to TRF. Great resource. You are close to NCR - Northern Colorado Rocketry. Lots of high school activities like TARC.

With skills learned you will maybe get the three days up to six! ;)

The Big Boys with Big Toys at NCR don't let a little wind get in their way!

Welcome to the forum! I've attempted to visit a NCR launch but the wind apparently was a problem. Still, if there's even a brief lull you can usually get one off. Hoping to visit again sometime in the future.

One of the most useful free tools in rocketry is OpenRocket. With it you can quickly build a simulated rocket and get approximate altitude and speed estimates. There are hundreds/thousands of OR files out there for kits as well as scratchbuilds.

Balsa Machining is one of my go-to sources for parts, mostly low- and some mid-power stuff, as well as motors.

AC Supply has Estes kits and motors that are well-discounted.

Enjoy!

Come on down to NCR.

www.ncrocketry.club

We are probably done flying on the North site this year, but will fly from the Atlas site through the winter. A good place to stretch your legs with some LPR and MPR, and get into HPR if you are so inclined.

Back