Greetings from New Hampshire

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gastrok

Reaction score
Diving back into rocketry after a 3+ decade pause. By the looks of things, I’m not alone in my later-in-life restart of the hobby.

I’ve been on rocket building rampage this winter. Since January 1st I’ve built 20 rockets, most low and a few mid-powers. I am pretty sure I’ve built more rockets in the last 3 months than all the rockets I built when I was younger. Just finished construction of this Apogee Peregrine Jr. today.

20230408_211811.jpg

I just joined CMASS.org and I am hoping to be at the April 22nd launch with a few rockets. I have never been to an organized launch, so I’m really looking forward to it. It would be great to connect with others in the area.

-G-

Diving back into rocketry after a 3+ decade pause. By the looks of things, I’m not alone in my later-in-life restart of the hobby.

I’ve been on rocket building rampage this winter. Since January 1st I’ve built 20 rockets, most low and a few mid-powers. I am pretty sure I’ve built more rockets in the last 3 months than all the rockets I built when I was younger. Just finished construction of this Apogee Peregrine Jr. today.

View attachment 573808

I just joined CMASS.org and I am hoping to be at the April 22nd launch with a few rockets. I have never been to an organized launch, so I’m really looking forward to it. It would be great to connect with others in the area.

-G-
Welcome! Nice job on the Peregrine. Have you got a paint job in mind?

Welcome! Nice job on the Peregrine. Have you got a paint job in mind?
Thanks! Most likely the Apogee scheme - red, white and chrome (silver?) nose cone. The big question is what approach to filling and priming I'll take this time. Probably wood filler on the fins and several coats of Rust oleum primer. The spirals seem pretty tight so I think the primer will be enough to fill them. We shall see!

Nice rocket. Good quality, good instructions. The laser cut fins are very precise and the nose cone is excellent. Sanded the ridges out of the nose cone with 180 grit, then wet sanded it with 2000 grit.

20230409_001842.jpg

Back