New to the Forum in NC

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimBeau

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I've referenced The Rocketry Forum from time to time and finally made the leap to join.

I built my first rockets when I was 10 (the Estes Birdie and Alpha) and still use my Tilt-a-pad with ARC teams. 57 years later and finally retired I've been L2 for several years and have mentored several TARC teams and now an ARC team. I'm having a blast working with a middle-school team and any suggestions about that are appreciated.

I'm planning to rejoin the ROCC club and get back to their launches in Midland, and occasionally down to Camden, SC.

Thanks very much for everyone's contributions!

Jim

Greetings all,

I've referenced The Rocketry Forum from time to time and finally made the leap to join.

I built my first rockets when I was 10 (the Estes Birdie and Alpha) and still use my Tilt-a-pad with ARC teams. 57 years later and finally retired I've been L2 for several years and have mentored several TARC teams and now an ARC team. I'm having a blast working with a middle-school team and any suggestions about that are appreciated.

I'm planning to rejoin the ROCC club and get back to their launches in Midland, and occasionally down to Camden, SC.

Thanks very much for everyone's contributions!

Jim
Last time I was down in SC, they were at a field in Dalzell that is really nice. I think the field itself would support really high flights, but proximity to Shaw AFB limits it. The up side of that is that with the lower flight limits, it is an easy field to fly even with a little wind.

Hope to see you and others again in 2024 at ROSCO/ICBM and ROCC.

Sandy.

:welcome: Jim, hope to see you at Midland
Hi Marty,
I'm planning to be at Midland the weekend of Jan. 27-28 (working on getting out of a committment on Saturday to do it) with the ARC team I'm working with.
Is that amateur radio call sign? Mine is KD4OWI.

Hope to see you there.

Jim

Last time I was down in SC, they were at a field in Dalzell that is really nice. I think the field itself would support really high flights, but proximity to Shaw AFB limits it. The up side of that is that with the lower flight limits, it is an easy field to fly even with a little wind.

Hope to see you and others again in 2024 at ROSCO/ICBM and ROCC.

Sandy.
Hi Sandy,
The last ROSCO/ICBM launch I went to was at Camden (I used to go to Orangeburg often several years ago and got my L2 there) and I'm looking forward to checking out Dalzell.
Thanks for the welcome. I hope to see you there!

Jim

Back