FlisKits: Tres engine mounts NOW AVAILABLE!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
FlisKits is proud to announce three new engine mount kits patterned after our famous Tres triple canted cluster model.

They are the:

EMK3-13-55C - Mini (13mm) Tres engine mount (fits the BT-55 tube)

EMK3-18-60C - Standard (18mm) Tres engine mount (fits the BT-60 tube)

EMK3-24-70C - Maxi (24mm) Tres engine mount (fits the BT-70 tube)

All are now available for purchase and are in stock. To locate on our web site click PRODUCTS then COMPONENTS then ENGINE MOUNTS.

Thank you all for your continued support as we strive to bring you the kits, parts and accessories you need and want!

jim

emk3-13-55c.gif

emk3-18-60c.gif

emk3-24-70c.gif

I couldn't resist, what with an upcoming launch in Amesbury, MA this weekend (CMASS) ...

I decided to make good use of these new Tres engine mounts and make an up and down scale version of the kit. In this photo I show the mini Tres, kit Tres (modified to use centrally located motors) and the maxi-Tres (that thing is HUGE!

Hope to have them ready for flight for tomorrow's launch. They'll fly nekid (as many of my models do) as I haven't had the time nor the weather to get any paint on'em...

DSC09609sm.jpg

Jim,

Your slip is showing!

What is the little one in front?

Is that possibly the new design you were hinting at to come out in Nov-Dec?

If so, will it be a 24mm?

Inquiring minds and all that....

G.D.

Jim,

Your slip is showing!

What is the little one in front?

Is that possibly the new design you were hinting at to come out in Nov-Dec?

If so, will it be a 24mm?

Inquiring minds and all that....

G.D.
Yeah Jim,

We at CMASS haven't seen that one yet. You holdin' out on us. ;) :D

Yeah Jim,

We at CMASS haven't seen that one yet. You holdin' out on us. ;) :D

Oh, you'll see it tomorrow... I just got the recovery device installed so she's all ready to go... no name yet, but... she is kewl looking, that's for sure. I'll start a thread on it based on how it flies tomorrow... LOL

The two Tres (mini and maxi) will be flying as well :)

I'm telling you, folks. You GOTTA make it out to a CMASS launch! Lots of fun :)

Are you going to carry nose cones for the maxi-Tres ? or even better have a kit for it?

Are you going to carry nose cones for the maxi-Tres ? or even better have a kit for it?

The nose cone and adapter for both the mini and maxi version will be available soon (I have'em just haven't had time to get them on line...). I am considering a bundled pack where you would get the cone, adapter and motor mount at a discount and a download of the other parts needed to build the model, including fin patterns and such.

Thoughts?

That might be interesting as a mass build thread. Get them all done for a December launch!

Malcolm Smith
ROCC
NAR and TRA L2

The two Tres (mini and maxi) turned in great flights at our launch yesterday.

The Maxi-Tres had an odd boost though and we discovered why upon recovery. Poor glue joints... One of the engine tubes RIPPED itself loose during boost! I'm impressed that the model flew as well as it did, considering.

Here are a couple of pix of the mini and maxi on ignition. I hope to have my photo album up later today.

jim

DSC09619.jpg

DSC09676.jpg

The nose cone and adapter for both the mini and maxi version will be available soon (I have'em just haven't had time to get them on line...). I am considering a bundled pack where you would get the cone, adapter and motor mount at a discount and a download of the other parts needed to build the model, including fin patterns and such.

Thoughts?

The bundled pack is a great idea! Count me in. If it works for out for you, the idea might be extended to some of your other designs. There are a lot of potential upscalers out there.

The bundled pack is a great idea! Count me in. If it works for out for you, the idea might be extended to some of your other designs. There are a lot of potential upscalers out there.

Interesting idea... will have to look into it... thanks :)

hmmm the little leaked Rocket reminds me a little of Darth maul's Ship in Phantom Menace. I like it!

Back