FEDERAL STANDARD PAINT - AEROSOL SPRAY CANS - UP TO 12oz PER CAN !

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finding those 1956 items is a "tall order" . . . Perhaps, the Smithsonian or Library of Congress might have them ?

Dave F.

Finally sent check to NASM for copies of MIL-C-18263, original and Rev. A. They have all revisions available.

I ended up on this topic several months ago due to my hypothesis is that this document will indicate the correct orange color for the Aerobee-Hi flights NRL-41 and NRL-42. Took the NASM folks a little while to round up the docs, but they went out and found them and added them to the collection in response to my inquiry. Purchasing the docs through them is the only way I've found for someone without access to dusty shelves in a Navy office somewhere I can only imagine actually exists to find any revision older than the 1971 Rev. F that's instantly available in PDF on the web.

Well, the hypothesis is falsified.

1.1 (b) The provisions of this specification are not applicable to aircraft designed for pilotless operation and guided missiles which are not launched from aircraft. The exterior color to be applied to these shall be as specified in the individual contract.

So, that's at least progress.

Latest posts

Back