Estes Rockets Sale on Their Website!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. There are a lot of reasons a business may not want to end the year with tons of unsold inventory. Whether they were able to sell these kits at a profit or not, they still emptied a lot out of their warehouses and put some cash in the bank account.

And all these kits need motors, igniters and wadding. I wonder if Estes could make money by actually giving away kits just to promote motor sales. Sort of like Epson printers an print cartridges.

Bingo. I used to work for Kodak back in the day, we'd give away cameras if you promised to use Kodak film and processing. ;)
Not to mention all the other good reasons to get rid of (excessive) inventory.

I received my first order yesterday (Thursday). :)

I have yet to be notified that order #2 has shipped but that's okay. :wink: It will show up at some point!

EK6?

:y:

Bingo. I used to work for Kodak back in the day, we'd give away cameras if you promised to use Kodak film and processing. ;)
Not to mention all the other good reasons to get rid of (excessive) inventory.

My box arrived today, but I did not get to open it and check the condition or completeness of the order, because it was intercepted by an elf to be wrapped and placed under the tree.

I was thinking of ordering next week ;( ... makes the scratch or kit decision easier though!

I thought the sale was cool . I scratch build and upscales . So now I have kits that I want to up scale. And don't even need to open up the kit . OR and rocksim has everything I need . Now I don't have to pay a lot of money just to do a upscale . Think.it not nice to build a upscale of a kit with out having the original kit in hand . Like the solar flare . It would be $20 . For the kit so I could build the upscale . Am I just being to nice? There sims out there

My first order arrived. The bad news is the box looks like hell, almost falling apart without opening it. The good news is the 11 rockets in the box were fine including the two I really care about, the Argent and the Ventris. But the two Air Commanders (I am a sucker for two stagers), two Vector Forces, two super Alphas (to become one two stage Super Duper Alpha), MIRV, Neon XL, and Eliminator were fine. No crushed tubes and such.

Received my Ventris yesterday all in good shape - it's a little bigger than I was expecting but looks cool.

Back