eRockets status?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aeronerd

LPR, Gliderholic
Reaction score
I heard Randy Broadway is in the hospital right now and I wish him all the best on his recovry.
In the meantime I was wondering if anyone knows if someone is "minding the store" while he's out and is eRockets still filling orders?
I don't want to bother him while he's recuperating. But the only email address goes to him, and so does the telephone number.

He has had a rough time with medical issues. I think he had colon cancer surgery sometime last year, now staph and COVID! I don’t think you will have a problem with existing stock. I would have to guess the projects that were going to be released such as the larger Orbital Transport are on that indefinite hold.

I hear his daughter is updating his facebook page and says he is doing much better but still has a lot of recovery to do. They are still hoping that he will be home for Christmas.

I am awaiting an order from them tracking said it was to be delivered on 12-5, but then changed to below and has not been updated since. But this is not an issue of erockets obviously, just the postal service.

hope Randy gets well fast.

December 5, 2020
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
December 1, 2020, 1:59 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
CINCINNATI OH NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Glad to hear he is recovering.

A recent order from erockets was packed and shipped in a day or two.

He has had a rough time with medical issues. I think he had colon cancer surgery sometime last year, now staph and COVID! I don’t think you will have a problem with existing stock. I would have to guess the projects that were going to be released such as the larger Orbital Transport are on that indefinite hold.
Upscale orbital transport?

I am awaiting an order from them tracking said it was to be delivered on 12-5, but then changed to below and has not been updated since. But this is not an issue of erockets obviously, just the postal service.

December 5, 2020
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
USPS is a problem. We only send packages UPS these days. Current administration has really screwed up USPS, just saying...

December 5, 2020
Write to USPS Customer Service.

Had the same thing happen to me on a 1st class shipment originating in Florida. I live in North Carolina only 2 states away and it should've taken 3 - 4 days. USPS picked up the package on Dec 2 and I got the same "In transit, arriving late" message on Dec 7 with no further updates.

Wrote to USPS to request investigation on Dec 10 and suddenly started seeing movement on Dec 11. No explanation, but it's supposedly out for delivery to my address today (Dec 12).

Write to USPS Customer Service.

Had the same thing happen to me on a 1st class shipment originating in Florida. I live in North Carolina only 2 states away and it should've taken 3 - 4 days. USPS picked up the package on Dec 2 and I got the same "In transit, arriving late" message on Dec 7 with no further updates.

Wrote to USPS to request investigation on Dec 10 and suddenly started seeing movement on Dec 11. No explanation, but it's supposedly out for delivery to my address today (Dec 12).
Thanks, will try and see what response I get. My original estimated receipt date was 12-5 by 9pm.

I need some more things from erockets, but am reserved, at the moment, and waiting for my other order before I proceed.

Last edited:
Thanks, will try and see what response I get. My original estimated receipt date was 12-5 by 9pm.

I need some more things from erockets, but am reserved, at the moment, and waiting for my other order before I proceed.
Good luck, hope it gets things moving for you.

Good luck, hope it gets things moving for you.
Thanks, I opened a missing package request at 2:20, and got a notice at 2:42 that it had

December 12, 2020, 2:42 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility

so will see if it shows up

Phil, Larry and John are working at eRockets. And they have part-time help. As stated, some long term projects may be delayed.

I placed an order and payment two weeks ago and my order status is still marked as "Awaiting Fulfillment", so I'm getting concerned it may have fallen through the cracks.

Not sure who Phil, Larry and John are but do you have an email address I can reach them at? The only email addy available on the eRockets site is Randy's. Any help you can provide would be much appreciated, thanks.

Glad to hear it Rktman. I tried sending 2 emails to Phil today about this and both failed. Similar thing happened to me last week with someone else and then emails worked the next day.

Glad to hear it Rktman. I tried sending 2 emails to Phil today about this and both failed. Similar thing happened to me last week with someone else and then emails worked the next day.
Jonrocket's site was down for several days last week. Guess the increase in online traffic lately is causing problems.

Rktman, your order might have been delayed because our inventory may have been off and we were waiting for items to show up here at the store. With Randy being in the hospital, it's been hard to keep track of our inventory some times. We apologize for the delay. The projects we have in the pipeline are also being hindered by the lack of being able to get Balsa wood for fins and nose cones from suppliers and also body tubes. The Semroc side of the business is really small compared to the kit sales side of eRockets.

We are here and are trying to keep up with demands from everyone.

Rktman, your order might have been delayed because our inventory may have been off and we were waiting for items to show up here at the store. With Randy being in the hospital, it's been hard to keep track of our inventory some times. We apologize for the delay. The projects we have in the pipeline are also being hindered by the lack of being able to get Balsa wood for fins and nose cones from suppliers and also body tubes. The Semroc side of the business is really small compared to the kit sales side of eRockets.

We are here and are trying to keep up with demands from everyone.
Appreciated, see #19. My order is already in the pipeline and waiting for USPS to do their thing. :)

Seems the USPS is also having a hard time of it right now, further hampering order deliveries. Ran across this on their tracking site:
"ALERT: USPS IS EXPERIENCING UNPRECEDENTED VOLUME INCREASES AND LIMITED EMPLOYEE AVAILABILITY DUE TO THE IMPACTS OF COVID-19. WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE AND REMAIN COMMITTED TO DELIVERING THE HOLIDAYS TO YOU".

I ordered saw bandsaw blades from a blade vendor last night and it said on their website to select UPS for shipping as USPS was currently taking up to 2 weeks to deliver.

My order from eRockets last week arrived promptly, I’m just 3 states away. It was just a big pile of odd parts.

Back