Fun visit to eRockets!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jean-Pierre

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve bought online from eRockets - and always had a good experience - and now that we’ve moved to Ohio, I finally got to visit in person. Today, my 8 year old and I stopped in after visiting the AF Museum, and we had a great time. Randy showed us the whole store, including his laser cutter and nose cone making process, and he introduced my son to the store bunny, Elon. Then he gave my son some carrots to feed Elon while I blew my rocketry budget on the great selection.

Long story short: the eRockets store was very cool and Randy was incredibly nice. (I’m sure that isn’t a surprise to anyone on TRF, but it’s still worth saying.). I’ll be back, and everyone passing through Dayton should stop in too!

Attachments

• IMG_8108.jpeg
    IMG_8108.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
We really need to put some big bones in Elon's area so every time we come in we can say "Look at the bones!" That makes me wonder if Randy would let us hang up a sign with The Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog in Elon's area? If I remember tomorrow I'll ask him. Umm... Randy, not the rabbit. Pretty sure Elon would think it was cool.

We really need to put some big bones in Elon's area so every time we come in we can say "Look at the bones!" That makes me wonder if Randy would let us hang up a sign with The Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog in Elon's area? If I remember tomorrow I'll ask him. Umm... Randy, not the rabbit. Pretty sure Elon would think it was cool.
It’s true. I have never seen a rabbit guard his turf - in Elon’s case, the front doormat - with such determination. Fortunately, he didn’t come at us with his nasty, big pointy teeth…but oh the evil, withering looks he gave us when we dared step over him…

My wife and I stopped by on the way through to pick up my order. Met Elon, Randy, and a couple of other good folks working with Randy. Ended up spending even more than we ordered once we got a look at the "candy store". Great place to visit if you happen to be a rocket person. My wife was making another trip through and stopped by again to see Elon. While there she bought me a birthday rocket (4" Frenzy) for my L2 later this spring (🙏🏻) with Randy's advice/help.

Oh, and the Air Force museum (mile or two down the street from erockets) is definitely worth the trip too (and it's free admission). It took us a day and a half to get through, but still didn't see everything. And there is a decent hotel right across the street, which is handy.

Yes, was there last May and back again this May as there's the world's largest hamfest (get-together for amateur radio folks) in Xenia. Visited the Air Force Museum and eRockets, spent waaaay too much money, but who cares, its only money... It's only a 9-hr drive from me, I should do it more often. The museum is off-the-hook, if you've never been, drop what you're doing right now and GO! eRockets is definitely kid-in-candy-store -- you'll fill up the car and still want to buy more.

Do you have to make an appointment to visit the store?
No, but make sure they are open. On our first visit it was the Monday after Thanksgiving. I emailed Randy and he assured me they would be open (busy fulfilling orders) but might be a little late. When my wife stopped by on her own it was close to the July 4th weekend. Similar scenario. Just make sure they are open. If it is a normal weekday, they will be there. Visiting info on their website here: https://www.erockets.biz/visit-erockets/

We found that while you are there and looking to buy it is easiest to find what you want, then order it for pickup via their website (using your phone or whatever). They are not really set up like a retail store, but it's fun to nose through the aisles. They may also have a few MP engines that Randy doesn't ship, so don't be surprised if you see that. Any problems come up, the guys will help you through the process.

It’s true. I have never seen a rabbit guard his turf - in Elon’s case, the front doormat - with such determination. Fortunately, he didn’t come at us with his nasty, big pointy teeth…but oh the evil, withering looks he gave us when we dared step over him…
He is the only rabbit I know, so I don't know their typical behaviors. But when I walk in each Tuesday afternoon for the club's weekly meeting, he does run towards you if walk close to him. If you walk a few feet away from him he doesn't do it, but if you pass less than a foot away, he does run/hop right up to your feet. He really likes to be firmly petted down his back. And never try to pick him up! Rabbits fear for their lives when you pick them up as they are near the bottom of the food chain.

He hasn't done this in a long time, but he used to come in to the build area where we have our meeting and hop up on a chair and look out over the tables. It was adorable.

It's a good thing eRockets is a 3 hour drive for me. Helps to protect the bank account. Great store, and great customer service. I may go to the Hamvention this year, so then I'll need to decide where to go first. Probably eRockets.

Last edited:
Back