Elton John or John Denver?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elton John or John Denver?

• Elton John

• John Denver

Results are only viewable after voting.
It took me years to get over Peter, Paul and Mary. But in the early 90's they were performing nearby and my mother bribed me to take her! Took me weeks to get Puff the Magic Dragon out of my noggin!:kill:

Funny, this thread is about John Denver and you mention PPM(Peter, Paul and Mary)
John Denver wrote thier one and only #1 hit, "Leaving on a Jet Plane".

Funny, this thread is about John Denver and you mention PPM(Peter, Paul and Mary)
John Denver wrote thier one and only #1 hit, "Leaving on a Jet Plane".
And that's why threads should be allowed to drift. :cool:

No Elton or John for me!:duck:

Try E.L.P.

[YOUTUBE]0UWkKccf6_Y[/YOUTUBE]

or RUSH!

[YOUTUBE]eEW2-k0EoyE[/YOUTUBE]

or maybe even some YES

[YOUTUBE]-Jhk5MEugJY[/YOUTUBE]

A Heaver or darker side, was My choice for the day!

When my Dad was stationed at Fort Sill, 1972-1977, I had the great fortune to attend Eisenhower Jr. High School. Our principal was Abraham Deutschendorf, uncle of Henry John Deutschendorf. We were treated to two concerts while I attended 7th and 8th grades - John Denver and a box gitfiddle. Not bad for a folk singer, but I thank God I'm NOT a Country Boy. At the time, I, and most of my classmates, were into KISS, Rush, Foghat...or Donna Summer, The BeeGees, The Commodores, KC & the Sunshine Band...or Conway Twitty, Merle Haggard, Crystal Gayle.

John Denver didn't register with any of us as Rock, Disco, R&B, or Country.

I saw Sir Reginald Dwight a couple of years later. I had several of EJ's albums, and I knew all the songs. Now this was more like it. I saw Elton John a few years ago, and the show was as good, or better, than when I was a kid. Rocket Man, for crying out loud!

I vote Elton John.

Actually, I vote John Lennon. John Fogerty. Olivia Newton John. Johnny Cash. Johnny Mathis.

What I liked about them was Slash's guitar tone. I saw them live before they hit it big, opening for Aerosmith. Slash's live tone was incredible that night, especially compared to all those hair metal guys with their generic sounding Jackson/Charvel/ESP/Kramer/ Strat copies going through loads of effects into crappy sounding solid state amps. (but having an empty Marshall stack or ten onstage for looks.) Slash was so drunk he could barely stand, but his guitar playing was awesome that night. I could only wonder how much better (or worse) it would have been had he been sober. :eek:

I've seen GNR several times, Appetite tour/Aerosmith, Illusions tour w/Skid row, Citrus Bowl Stadium w/Metallica, Ect. Dig Slash's newest stuff, but can't really get into Velvet Revolver. Bootleg Slash "Blues Jam" from 1988 "Halloween on the horizon" Australia show has some of his best "drippy" solo's. I LOVE those old Les Pauls,(1965 sunburst?) w/Marshall tube amps! 'Wet' sounding solo's thru 'Chainsaw' edged rythms, super-clean to heavy dist. Its the Axes Man!

February 27 20011 078.jpg

Latest posts

Back