Lazer help needed.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrightme43

It's much later than it seems.
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, very long story short. These people helped my family out, when we were stretched thin raising two foster nieces, along with our own 4 kids. The https://www.thehaleysuefoundation.org/ was created to remember a daughter lost in a tragedy. I donated a walnut and black limba handmade box last
year and it was a hit at the charity auction and ball that supports the mission. I just got off the phone with Stacy (Her Dad) he asked if it was possible to
add a sunflower. I just do not have the skill yet to do that with veneer marquetry, (maybe I never will), or the time to have a brass branding iron made.

I wondered if anyone had the ability to pull the Sunflower logo with her name, make a file and laser it on curly maple or walnut, if I sent two box fronts to you, and the time to turn
it around quickly because the ball / auction is coming up on March 2cnd, and I have to have these done. Last year it sold for over 1300 dollars.

As late as it is, I expect this may have to wait until next year.
I don't make a penny off this, these are just really good people who turned a tragedy into a huge group effort to help people they don't even know, which is how I met them. We needed help.

I don't have a laser, and I don't know hardly anything about them. I don't know if it would a be easy wham bam job of a few minutes, with no chance of damaging grain matched parts, or a real pain in the butt that takes hours, and could destroy them.

The more I think about this, the more I think it will have to be a project for next year. I guess I just kind of wonder if someone could do this, and how much, and how accurate would it be?

Thank you.
Steve

Back