Chrome Extension to Hide Specific Users’ Threads

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steven, can you acknowledge the double standard you are promoting? Phaleeze read my post again! I pointed out the double standard of some TRF Members (& YOU) that tell people "if you do NOT like the rules, you are free to leave!". YET! When YOU do not like the way the Moderators run the site, the same thought process ("if you do NOT like the way the Moderators run the site, you are free to leave!") does NOT apply to YOU! Aren't YOU special!

Can you defend that double standard or prove it is not a double standard?

Obviously I did not explain myself about no rules. That is on me, sorry I did not clarify. I meant a real physical fight! When I was in Law Enforcement, my shift sergeant, who served 3 tours in Vietnam! He told me that when you are on the street and you are in a fight to apprehend a perp, there are no rules! That you must return home after that shift! He taught me some nasty tricks to survive! That is what I meant by no rules. & because of these tricks I don't run from a fight! But I will admit when I am wrong!

Simple, I DO report the violators and that is MY part of the solution as has been quoted by other moderators. You seem to accept the fact that for those who break the law they should also accept the consequences yet not on a moderated forum. If that's not double standards, what is?

Simple, I DO report the violators and that is MY part of the solution as has been quoted by other moderators. You seem to accept the fact that for those who break the law they should also accept the consequences yet not on a moderated forum. If that's not double standards, what is?

Steven, the statement above is a little convoluted. :facepalm: Just to clarify, are you saying that I do not and or promote that people should NOT accept the moderators disciplinary actions?! I have NEVER said that! :mad: Unless you can prove that I said that, (if you can refer to a post, or copy and past it), then I would like an apology. Or are you in the business of creating fake news! :shock:

Of course I would not be against an appeal process, but once a final action is finalized, then everyone should accept it :cool:

Again you did not address the double standard I stated! More Fake News tactics! Make up a charge against me to deflect what I am pointing out! :lol:

First off, I never complained about rules BEING enforced but the lack thereof. You've given the air that you care not for rule enforcing on this forum by complaining about those who DO see it going on. What's the problem? Do you not want the rules enforced when it comes to repeat offenders or not? I do not crawl under the couch where it concerns my congressmen and senators. I see a problem, I write to them. In fact one subject WAS repeat offenders who get slapped on the wrist (I'm talking about violent felons here). I expect results, they may not go my way but I wind up doing my part as a concerned citizen.
As far as who wants to leave first by simply burying their head in the sand is concerned, I'm not going anywhere but will continue to push for adherence of the rules and guidelines. That is what a person with a conscience does.

The response to the OP should be something along the lines of "thank you, I will check it out" and leave it at that. Amazing how that little bit of information opens the door to the rabbit hole and in they go....

Y'all know how people always complain, "why is there never a cop around when you need one?" That's because there are just not enough cops around to be everywhere. In most cases, the cops are dependent upon the citizens to report violators. ( I believe such folks are called the PRs by the cops) Sometimes the complaints are valid, sometimes not so much. The cops then investigate and if the cops think there is merit to a particular complaint, a citation may be issued and/or an arrest made. That's where the courts come into play.

Now some folks seem to have trouble understanding their roles in such situations. Some folks are impatient and confuse their role as PRs with the role of the Cops. Other folks are simply chronic complainers. Some even want to be judge, jury and executioner.

Me thinks if one wants to be a moderator, he/she should volunteer.

First off, I never complained about rules BEING enforced but the lack thereof. by complaining about those who DO see it going on. What's the problem? Do you not want the rules enforced when it comes to repeat offenders or not? I do not crawl under the couch where it concerns my congressmen and senators. I see a problem, I write to them. In fact one subject WAS repeat offenders who get slapped on the wrist (I'm talking about violent felons here). I expect results, they may not go my way but I wind up doing my part as a concerned citizen.
As far as who wants to leave first by simply burying their head in the sand is concerned, I'm not going anywhere but will continue to push for adherence of the rules and guidelines. That is what a person with a conscience does.

This was your post # 9. Seems like you complaining to me:

Yet it still fails to deal with repeat offenders doesn't it? All that is doing is running away from the very issue.

Oh "You've given the air that you care not for rule enforcing on this forum" ! I would like to see the post that gave off an AIR

#1 All I was doing was DEFENDING the moderators! I KNOW all their actions are NOT in the public view for all TRF Members! Or would you like town square punishment for all to view?

#2 I was pointing out the double standard of complaining when someone breaks the rules & telling people to leave if they do not like it! That If you do not like the way the Mod enforce the rules ( yes some times it is through a PM) then you are free to leave! But having gone round and round with you, all you have done is post lies about me with OUT producing proof.

Please produce the proof that I do not accept the Moderators decisions. Otherwise you are not capable of being a Moderator!

The very fact that you complain about the expectancy of guidelines being followed is all the verification that is needed. As far as whether or not YOU see me fit to moderate is also inconsequential unless YOU become one yourself. Then I can pitch a fit about that too, right?

Last edited:
[video=youtube;lDTkTAo_l2g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDTkTAo_l2g[/video]

The very fact that you complain about the expectancy of guidelines being followed is all the verification that is needed. As far as whether or not YOU see me fit to moderate is also inconsequential unless YOU become one yourself. Then I can pitch a fit about that too, right?

Steven, I am glad you edited this post! Boy was it convoluted! :surprised:

OK Steven, I realize now that producing proof/evidence is above your comprehension level, so I will try to explain it to you. :facepalm:

Proof: Evidence sufficient to establish a thing as true, or to produce belief in its truth.

Evidence: that which tends to prove or disprove something; ground for belief; proof.

Truth: the body of real things, events, and facts.

Now, Steven, pay close attention! Please produce (to bring into existence; give rise to; cause) a post where I (Talon) complain about the expectancy of guidelines being followed . Are you still with me Steven?? :eyeroll:

Now, go through this thread (or any other thread) and find a statement by ME (Talon), that I Complained about the rules being followed. I know that might take actual research, but please try! I did and could NOT find any. If you do find a post that I complained about the rules being followed, I will apologize profusely to you here on the thread and any other way (with in reason). If not, an Honorable Man would apologize to me.

If you do NOT produce proof and do not apologize, I will take action.

This has become entertaining...
:pop:

I agree, just remember I took YOUR advice by volunteering as a moderator. Agree or otherwise, it's the first step in taking a proactive stand on something. I may be rejected right off the bat or I may be given a shot, yet we all know what the options for those who don't like it can do right?

Steven, I am glad you edited this post! Boy was it convoluted! :surprised:

OK Steven, I realize now that producing proof/evidence is above your comprehension level, so I will try to explain it to you. :facepalm:

Proof: Evidence sufficient to establish a thing as true, or to produce belief in its truth.

Evidence: that which tends to prove or disprove something; ground for belief; proof.

Truth: the body of real things, events, and facts.

Now, Steven, pay close attention! Please produce (to bring into existence; give rise to; cause) a post where I (Talon) complain about the expectancy of guidelines being followed . Are you still with me Steven?? :eyeroll:

Now, go through this thread (or any other thread) and find a statement by ME (Talon), that I Complained about the rules being followed. I know that might take actual research, but please try! I did and could NOT find any. If you do find a post that I complained about the rules being followed, I will apologize profusely to you here on the thread and any other way (with in reason). If not, an Honorable Man would apologize to me.

If you do NOT produce proof and do not apologize, I will take action.

Apparently complaining about those who complain is not sufficient evidence for you. By all means take action, it's your right and I'm okay with it. Otherwise what was your point in complaining to begin with? If you had initially agreed with the complaints THEN there would have been no issue right from the start. Nevertheless, I have taken proactive steps to apply a solution myself and if you can't accept that, then YOU can volunteer and set the world right.

Apparently complaining about those who complain is not sufficient evidence for you. By all means take action, it's your right and I'm okay with it. Otherwise what was your point in complaining to begin with? If you had initially agreed with the complaints THEN there would have been no issue right from the start. Nevertheless, I have taken proactive steps to apply a solution myself and if you can't accept that, then YOU can volunteer and set the world right.

Can you READ? I have complained about people who complained! Yes I have! But you stated in post #33 "You've given the air that you care not for rule enforcing on this forum". But you have failed to prove that I said that. In the real world that is called SLANDER!

My point to begin with was, oh hell, I told you in my posts #8, 21, 30, 39. But you hide from facts and the truth.

You have failed consistently with my requests to show me where I stated what you accused me of saying! You are a LIER, let alone an Honorable Man. I am 100% sure what side of the isle you are from by your tactics!

"Jez-a-lew, let me know when ANYONE has an extension to block threads that would hide the pissing & moaning!" I walked away having every reason to believe you were in disagreement here and from here you built upon this very premise. I see nothing here on your part that AGREES with the initial complaints. Is that better? And remember, it looks like there's been a bit of pissing and moaning on behalf of those initially registering complaints so we're ALL in the same boat.

Hi everyone!

Consider breathing in through your nose and out through your mouth in time with this .gif .
Huou7Gh.gif
Happy Sunday!

So now we're resorting to name calling. I'll refrain myself thank you. What then was the point of your initial complaint? Are you against people bringing up viable concerns? Are you agreeing with them or disagreeing with them. Are you simply hiding behind generalizations for people to interpret themselves? What?

I saw them when I signed up. Can somebody show me where the rules are. I want to make sure I'm not breaking any unintentionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So now we're resorting to name calling. I'll refrain myself thank you. What then was the point of your initial complaint? Are you against people bringing up viable concerns? Are you agreeing with them or disagreeing with them. Are you simply hiding behind generalizations for people to interpret themselves? What?

One LAST TIME! You (Steven) in post #33 stated that I (Talon) "You've given the air that you care not for rule enforcing on this forum" I asked you to produce a post of mine that would give your statement credibility!
Time after time I asked you to back your statement up, but you failed to show me where I said anything about I am against enforcing the rules here on TRF!

Yes I bitched about the bitching that goes on here! I am guilty of that! The POINT I bitched was that some people that were complaining about the mods not enforcing the rules (or THEIR perceived lack of enforcement) also bitched when people complained about the rules. They would say If you do not like the rules you can leave. Well I am tired of the fragile make up of people today, how they get offended by EVERYTHING! So I pointed out that these people should heed there own advice. If you do NOT like the way the Mods are running the site, you are free to leave. What's good for the goose is good for the gander!

No I am not against people bringing up viable concerns! But is this a viable concern? "Let me know when Google Chrome has an extension that cause a forum's rules to actually be enforced, which would settle 99% of the problems to begin with."
Again, If you do NOT like the way the Mods are running the site, you are free to leave. I said this to DEFEND the Moderators! How do you get I am against enforcing the TRF Rules from that?

You can call me a mouth breather or any other insult you can come up with! I am confident with who I am & do not need a safe zone!

But what I do not like is people saying I made statements that I NEVER made, nor implying I made those statements!

So one more time. What post did I say/imply "You've given the air that you care not for rule enforcing on this forum"

Bitching about bitching is NOT proof! Nor is "Apparently complaining about those who complain is not sufficient evidence for you". is evidence that I "care not for rule enforcing on this forum"

here is another statement from YOU! The very fact that you complain about the expectancy of guidelines being followed is all the verification that is needed Again Please submit a post where I said that!

After all this time, I do not believe you will produce any of my posts that will show concrete evidence to support your slander of me!

Fair enough, then you've simply left things open to interpretation with your initial statement which I DID include. Are you faulting me for that? Do you agree with them as I had just asked or do you disagree? I'm asking for clarification on your very first statement. What EXACTLY were you complaining about?

Congratulations on becoming a moderator Steven!
I know you will do good.
It may not always be fun, but little in life is.
As for entertaining, I was referring to the video, nothing personal about anyone.

I agree, just remember I took YOUR advice by volunteering as a moderator. Agree or otherwise, it's the first step in taking a proactive stand on something. I may be rejected right off the bat or I may be given a shot, yet we all know what the options for those who don't like it can do right?

Congratulations on becoming a moderator Steven!
I know you will do good.
It may not always be fun, but little in life is.
As for entertaining, I was referring to the video, nothing personal about anyone.

Well I haven't become one yet as I'm still waiting for the responsibilities and qualifications to come back to me. I want a thorough understanding of a moderator's responsibilities before carrying out the task at hand. For all I know I may not qualify right from the start and that is peachy keen with me. For the record I AM taking steps by stepping up to the plate and that is all anyone can expect or ask of me.

Fair enough, then you've simply left things open to interpretation with your initial statement which I DID include. Are you faulting me for that? Do you agree with them as I had just asked or do you disagree? I'm asking for clarification on your very first statement. What EXACTLY were you complaining about?

My 1st post: Jez-a-lew, let me know when ANYONE has an extension to block threads that would hide the pissing & moaning! How can you interpret THAT to I care not for rule enforcing on this forum? You NEED CLARIFICATIN of that post? I am tired of ALL complaining! Can we get a back bone here! Every one is so easily offended! I didn't say to hide the rules, or do I say not enforce them! Simply, VERY SIMLPY I want to block (tounge in cheek!) people who bitch!

I do NOT AGREE with them OR DISAGREE with them. As I stated before, the mods sometimes deal with offenders in private, or they might view an infraction as not a serious as you or other members do! So unless you are a moderator, you have NO idea what is going on!
I have never complained against anyone, unless they spread lies about what I said! Being a moderator is NOT an easy job (not well paying either)! Again! In my view, If a member tells people you are free to leave if you do not like the rules. How is it different to say they are free to leave if they do NOT like the way the Mods are performing?

Yes I can fault you for a very poor interpretation of what I said!

You replied to my post with this: I don't run, I fight for what is right. You can turn tail and run. At first I thought you were implying that I should turn tail and run, or I will. But after 3 swishes of the lambs tail I realized I had no clue what you were talking about & didn't want to be foolish and assume I knew what you meant! If it was meant to be an insult towards me, well I could not care less!

I do not know how you can misinterpret what I said!

Nuff Said! Only next time, if you see my post, PM me and let me clarify what I mean before you post what you think I mean. Fair enough?

The fact then that you sided with no one was exactly what left things open to interpretation then. As far as being offended do I really need to go there myself? "Jeez-a-lew".

I saw them when I signed up. Can somebody show me where the rules are. I want to make sure I'm not breaking any unintentionally.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?13110-Rules-and-Guidelines

Rules and Guidelines
Welcome to The Rocketry Forum (TRF)!

1. The goal of TRF is to provide an environment where everyone can kick back, relax, and be comfortable. To that end, certain topics are off-limits -- politics, sex, and religion. Obviously, politics will enter into a lot of discussions, in some regards, especially when discussing such rocketry-related topics as regulations that impact the hobby or human space flight. In addition, many holiday greetings, by their nature, have a religious aspect to them. These are acceptable.

2. In terms of language, images and any other communication, think in terms of what is acceptable in the typical High School. If it's appropriate in that environment, it's appropriate here. Derogatory mis-statement of user or company names are the exception, and are not acceptable.

3. Posts encouraging or supporting illegal activities are to be avoided. This doesn't mean you cannot discuss the trouble someone got into by violating the law. What it does mean is that promoting or encouraging illegal behavior is not acceptable.

4. Software and video piracy links are expressly forbidden, as is harassment, in any form.This includes any harassment based on gender, religion, nationality, ethnicity, etc.

5. Because rocketry is an international hobby, and there are numerous rocketry organizations, TRF does not follow the rules of any single organizaton. Instead, we encourage you, the TRF member, to join and support the rocketry hobby organization that best fits you as an individual, and to follow that organizations rules.

6. Research Rocketry (making your own motors, igniters, etc) is a special topic, the specific details of which are not to be discussed except in any area specifically designated for such topics. This includes propellant and igniter compositions, specific product recommendations, and techniques for processing propellant. Posts on the topic of Research Rocketry containing information not widely available in published materials are limited to the access controlled area.

7. To help support these rules, and keep the forum a friendly environment, TRF has a volunteer staff. These individuals will remove or edit messages, as necessary, to maintain the friendly environment.

8. Rules violations will be dealt with based on severity. A severe infraction, such as posting a pornographic picture, or posting spam, will result in an immediate ban from the forums. A more typical violation, such as posting a propellant formula in an inappropriate location, will result in the issuance of an infraction.

9. Infractions will be kept "on your permanent record" for a period of one year from the date they are issued. Yes, we realize that means they're not so permanent, and that's a good thing -- we all make mistakes. We're human.

10. Any user with three infractions on their record will be banned from the forum for a period of time. The duration of the ban will be determined based on the severity of the infractions, as well as past behavior. A ban may last as little as a week, or as long as the lifetime of the forum.

11. In addition, while there may be private areas within the forums, as well as the ability to send private messages, out of public site does not mean out of coverage of the rules. Any message created via the forum must follow these rules -- this includes public and private messages, as well as emails sent to users.

12. All rules apply equally to all areas of the site, including user signatures. In addition, user signatures that are disruptive to the flow of threads (flashing images, excessive colored text, etc) are not allowed. User signatures are not allowed to use anything other than standard font sizes. Signatures found out of compliance are subject to edit, or removal, by the forum staff.

13. Finally, on rare occasions, the forum management may deem it in the best interest of the forum community to put a user onto moderated status, or to outright ban them. These actions may be temporary, or may be permanent, based on behavior and the willingness of the user to modify their behavior. Such actions will not be unilateral, but will be based on forum staff receiving sufficient complaints from the user community as to be determined detrimental to the community.

14. Proving Godwin's Law in a thread will result in the entire thread being yanked. Immediately. Users who cause this to come into play (as determined by the staff) will be subject to infractions and/or banishment, at the staff's discretion, based on the context.

15. Discussion of flights which, in the opinion of the forum staff, are a violation of the NAR or Tripoli Safety Codes are not allowed, and may cause the offending users to be banned permanently.

16. Complaints about vendors, or their service, is governed by the Vendor Complaints Policy.

17. The Yard Sale is the place for posts about items that individuals have for sale, or are interested in buying. Regarding comments about sellers, If you are not involved in a transaction with the seller or do not have current experience (last 6 months) with that seller, stay out of the conversation. Violation of this will result in infractions being issued.

Once again, remember that these rules are meant to be adhered to by the SPIRIT of the rules, not by the LETTER of them.
Last edited by troj; 1st November 2013 at 09:39 AM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forget where they hid them but if you'll wade through some of George Gassaway's comments you will certainly find them. :wink:

Back