Build Thread - Logo Rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Good Morning. I am starting a build thread. I am going to start the thread with a photo of the logo and a picture of the parts. My did nto turn out so I borrowed the photo from the Destructions. The instructions alone are 30 pages long and quite entertaining to read.

Tho Logo and how the rocket should look at the end.
TRFLogoRocket111412.jpg

Photo 1: Required / Recommended equipment. I am in Kuwait so we will improvise on a few of these.
TRFLogoRocket111412-2.jpg

Photo 2: The parts.
TRFLogoRocket111412-3.jpg

All of these photos are from the instructions. The manual is well done and step by step hard to mess up.

Keep watching. I will post more.

Yes, but I used a toothless needle driver. The hemostat had teeth. I tired a hemostat and it caused marks. The needle driver will not.

if there are instructions then I assume this is a kit? Where can you get one?

There seemed to be a clue earlier.... referencing the "Destructions"... so, methinks it may be a Llama enhanced build???

Chuck- If there are directions to 'knit one, purl two' in the recovery section-ignore it; just an artifact. Even if Llama's wool is warmer than a nomex blanket....

The first step I did was cut out all the parts. I am going to post another picture form the instructions. I had a camera issue and it died. I now have a new point and shoot nikon to take photos of the build.
TRFLogoRocket111412-6.jpg

This is a photo of the parts to make your outer body tube I chose to use a needle driver the clamp the parts together when the glue is trying. I have a limitless supply because we throw them away over here. They come in a disposable kit.

The small hexagon shape pieces ate the tabs to reinforce the joints.

Next photo will be the clamping technique.

There seemed to be a clue earlier.... referencing the "Destructions"... so, methinks it may be a Llama enhanced build???

Chuck- If there are directions to 'knit one, purl two' in the recovery section-ignore it; just an artifact. Even if Llama's wool is warmer than a nomex blanket....

You are the right track. It is a Llama kit.

At this time Pemberton Technologies has no formal statement, but we can confirm that there are Llama based technologies incorporated into this rocket.

Also, in support of public opinion, Llama wool will keep you Nose Cone warm.

Thank you and have a pleasant holiday.

At this time Pemberton Technologies has no formal statement, but we can confirm that there are Llama based technologies incorporated into this rocket.

Also, in support of public opinion, Llama wool will keep you Nose Cone warm.

Thank you and have a pleasant holiday.

Llayne (from now on though shalt go by your true Llama name!!), the only statement we need is the link of where we can purchase this kit!!!

Chuck, you back in the country? Welcome home!

Ari.

Not back yet. I will be back in the good old USA in less than 2 months. I do take leave before then. My deployment was curtailed but my boss told me to continue with my leave any way.

I am working on more photos. I will post more in the next couple days. The build has been done for weeks.

View attachment 125694

I was unable to illustrated since I have photograph with my single set of hands, was the rolling of the body tubes. The tubes were rolled in the instruction with a fat sharpie Marker. I will say this really does work.

Attachments

• 2013-03-29 17.56.54.jpg
    2013-03-29 17.56.54.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
I had some time today to edit some of the photos. The next step I did was to assemble the outer body tube section.

I used a needle driver which does not have teeth. That avoid making up your card stock. Each section as glued with white glue.

I clamped the parts together for 15 minutes.

View attachment 125693

Attachments

• TRFLogoRocket111412-5.jpg
    TRFLogoRocket111412-5.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 158
I repeated the assemply for each section of the outer body tube. The clamp technique is the same.

TRFLogoRocket111412-15.jpg

Next, I cut out the glue tab parts.

Once the glue tabs are cut out, I assembled the glue tabs for the body sections

TRFLogoRocket111412-7.jpg
Photo of white glue being applied to the inside of the body tube section. I also used q-tips for this.

TRFLogoRocket111412-8.jpg
The section was rolled with a sharpie and inserted into the body section.

TRFLogoRocket111412-9.jpg
Next, I allowed the tab section to enlarge in a controlled manner to come into position.

TRFLogoRocket111412-10.jpg
Glue tab portion in position. I clamped it in place with the needle driver for 15 minutes.

I want add one comment to this thread: This was a very challenging build AND I wan to thank Layne for the opportunity to build it.

How awesome is this kit? I will buy 3 more just to be able to built it again with my wife and son.

The Llama has bit me with a love of card stock rocketry.

I want add one comment to this thread: This was a very challenging build AND I wan to thank Layne for the opportunity to build it.

How awesome is this kit? I will buy 3 more just to be able to built it again with my wife and son.

The Llama has bit me with a love of card stock rocketry.

Llayne and the Cardstock Llama...
I love it!!!

I am guessing but don't know: is a "needle driver" a type of tool for pushing sutures?

Where are they obtained?

Are there other, preferable alternatives for those not in the sandbox?

I am guessing but don't know: is a "needle driver" a type of tool for pushing sutures?

Where are they obtained?

Are there other, preferable alternatives for those not in the sandbox?

Not sure, but you can get hemostats with smooth jaws, I have three in various sizes.

Latest posts

Back