BRB900 Emulation Program

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartyAMC

Reaction score
I received my BRB900 last week (nice unit). Although I did move up to the LCD equipped receiver I'd like to learn how to use TeraTerm to emulate the screen. I installed TeraTerm but dont know how to tell it to emulate the LCD screen. Or maybe there's a better emulaiton program I nned to be using?

For this technically challenged rocketeer can anyone provide instruction or guidance.

Thanks

Marty,

Not sure what you mean -- the USB port on the receiver will echo all of the data that it receives over the wireless link, so you'll see a sequence of $BRBTX or other GPS sentences that are coming from the transmitter.

Are you looking for something more?

-- Greg

I received my BRB900 last week (nice unit). Although I did move up to the LCD equipped receiver I'd like to learn how to use TeraTerm to emulate the screen. I installed TeraTerm but dont know how to tell it to emulate the LCD screen. Or maybe there's a better emulaiton program I nned to be using?

For this technically challenged rocketeer can anyone provide instruction or guidance.

Thanks
Hey Marty
Not sure if this will help but when I connect my BRB900 LCD receiver to my laptop I use the Visual GPS propgram. Reason being I already had it installed for when I use my ARTS GPS unit. Works for what I wanted it to do.

Larry - Is that a shareware program?

Greg - I'm trying to learn how to display the LCD readout on my laptop. Evidently I need a program to emulate the LCD?

Thanks

Marty,

Visual GPS is shareware, and expects to see NMEA strings coming into the serial port.

The transmitter can be configured to echo the NMEA strings, but be careful since that will likely result in a continuous stream of data from the transmitter when what you really want ( to conserve battery life) is a packet once every 5 seconds or so. If you really want NMEA, you can change the update rate using Trimble Studio.

With the LCD enabled receiver, the transmitter is typically setup to send $BRBTX strings which combines data from several NMEA data sentences into one, more compact sentence, transmitted at a user defined rate (instead of the default once per second from the GPS).

I don't currently have a program that emulates the LCD.

Perhaps best to contact me directly to get you setup the way you want.

-- Greg

Hey Marty
Not sure if this will help but when I connect my BRB900 LCD receiver to my laptop I use the Visual GPS propgram. Reason being I already had it installed for when I use my ARTS GPS unit. Works for what I wanted it to do.

Hey Marty
All I did was to hook it up to my laptop to see if I could get it to work with that program. Just incase for some reason I would ever need to do so.
Beauty of the LCD receiver is I should never need to do so.

Back