The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljwilley

I’m pretty sure it will work…
Reaction score
Hey everybody! There are several galleries focused on specific black brant versions on this forum, but this one will be for all different black brant versions. Post a pic of any size black brant, from Micro Maxx to L3 high power! Here is my Estes black brant II that I just finished, and a LOC Precision Black Brant X!
20230623_170521.jpg20230623_170401.jpg

Here is my own little Black Brant gallery. It doesn't cover all the types--I haven't found data for a specific Black Brant XI, for instance, nor do I have the recent versions of the XI and XII with Terriers replacing the Haonest Johns. Anyway, I hope it amuses or inspires:

Attachments

• Black Brant collection 06.GIF
    Black Brant collection 06.GIF
    72 KB · Views: 9
If you have any of your own black brant rockets that are painted and finished, I would love to see them on this thread!

40 yr old model
fk0WHnT.jpg

The beta of the FSI BBII 24mm motor powered Black Brant the owner sent me to build; I sent the new owner the build pics, however I found out he has now passed away, 😞

It is the black one in near the middle

Attachments

• BlackBrant.jpg
    BlackBrant.jpg
    707.6 KB · Views: 2
Here is a solid black Brant Brant 2 beside the Black Brant that has the Checker Board roll pattern applied
1 Day I hope to scale up each one to a 4 inch diameter fiberglass airframe. These models are scratch built with a BT-55 airframe

Here is a link to the build in the scratch built forum where I built 4 at one time

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/my-first-public-build.142899/

2 up.jpg

I haven’t noticed this thread until now. Here are some BBII’s of different sizes. 1.1” scratch build, Estes BT55 kit, BT50 scratch build, Madcow 1.6” (below), and I’m currently painting the Madcow fiberglass 1.6. & 2.6 version (not shown).

A26208B7-4775-4A83-A75F-867C2CF2B608.jpeg
B5726FC1-A23A-4744-BF8A-132F0AC8B0A7.jpeg

Last edited:
This brings back memories . It is the first Black Brant I ever launched. FSI Black Brant 2 on a F100 motor
Back in the early 1980s

View attachment 615392

That was the first BB I launched as well on an FSI F100, 1975

FSI also attended our MARC75 launch competition as we had Mercury Dual Egg-Loft to use their E50s. The FSI guys got the Record in B and C [in V-2 like rockets] and I got it in A div with a home brew strech eggspress.

Lonnie demoed a few "Thunderbolt" FSI APCP motors also in the BBII

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back