What do you think of my V2 rocket?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljwilley

I’m pretty sure it will work…
Reaction score
I just finished building my LOC precision 4" V2 missile and here is a pic next to my Estes V2. I painted them both the yellow and black paint scheme. I plan to get as many different sizes of V2's as I can and then paint them all yellow and black like this. Then I can have an awesome picture with all of them in a row!

20230730_203953.jpg

What do you think?

I might go for the smaller sizes first- 1"-2.1". But then it will be a scratch build 3" and then the LOC 5.5 and 7.5!

What, no MicroMaxx V2? 1/4" at the bottom of the boat tail gives about 0.4" at the full diameter and about 3" total height. (Oops, my total L/W is off by about 15%, so call those figures very rough.)

I actually didn't think about that! I'll add that to the list.

I already have the spacemonkey one on my list for a later time and the ASP ones are the ones I will use for 1", 1.3", and 1.64" models. Fliskits no longer sells their micro V2.

I just finished building my LOC precision 4" V2 missile and here is a pic next to my Estes V2. I painted them both the yellow and black paint scheme. I plan to get as many different sizes of V2's as I can and then paint them all yellow and black like this. Then I can have an awesome picture with all of them in a row!

View attachment 595091

What do you think?
Your masked areas have some bleed. I'm sure there will be a masking tape discussion somewhere on the forum that can assist you for the next one.

Bleed is a real pain. Next time do the base coat over the whole rocket and let it dry really well. Then apply the masking tape and shoot one more base coat over the whole rocket. That will help seal the tape. Then put down the other color. This way the bleed you get matches whats already there and you wont get bleed from the second color.

Bleed is a real pain. Next time do the base coat over the whole rocket and let it dry really well. Then apply the masking tape and shoot one more base coat over the whole rocket. That will help seal the tape. Then put down the other color. This way the bleed you get matches whats already there and you wont get bleed from the second color.
I've tried that on 2 recent rockets. The first one my "one more base coat" wasn't heavy enough and didn't seal well enough. The second one it did work well.
FWIW when I use the expensive Tamiya tape I don't have problems with bleed. If I cheap out and use normal masking tape that is when I have problems.

I've tried that on 2 recent rockets. The first one my "one more base coat" wasn't heavy enough and didn't seal well enough. The second one it did work well.
FWIW when I use the expensive Tamiya tape I don't have problems with bleed. If I cheap out and use normal masking tape that is when I have problems.
Some things are worth paying more for.

View attachment 595091

What do you think?
Very nice. I have never built a V2. Can you recommend a first kit to build?

Very nice. I have never built a V2. Can you recommend a first kit to build?
There are a few on the market, and I will do my best to recommend one. What kind of experience have you with rocketry? High power cert or not?

View attachment 595091

What do you think?
Very nice. Makes me wish I had purchased the Polecat 10 inch diameter version.

Back