• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

BAD Seller!! Pilotguy2008 / Skeetshooter410 / Travis Fish

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, a little disclaimer I have no involvement with the seller.

But I just wanted to give people some help with my work knowledge.

With PayPal you have up to 45 days to file a dispute, and if you paid with a credit card through PayPal then you have a minimum of 60 days to file a dispute with that card.

Also when PayPal attempts to pull the funds from the seller and it fails. This means the seller has no funds in his/her PayPal account. Then a few days later they try to process from any card/bank on file. This may be why you are not seeing the funds process the first time.

My final words as well. Got my refund through paypal. Don't know from where, and no check has shown up either. It was supposed to have been mailed Monday, and that tracking number doesn't work. I have had no communication from Travis despite a PM. Wow what a mess. I don't really want an explanation either. If you haven't got your merchandise or money, and you used paypal, I urge you to file a dispute because I do believe using that service is the only reason I didn't get ripped off.

Dave

Thank God I never ended up buying those rockets. Sorry to see all this stuff happening to you guys.

g-train

I don't have anything to do with this fiasco either, but I have to ask...Why is Pilotguy2008 not banned from this site? He was on the forums today at 12:38PM so he is obviously aware of what is going on and DELIBERATELY defrauded you folks! It is plainly obvious he never had any intention of shipping items OR refunding money. Just don't know why he is still a member of the boards? My :2:.

Easyist way I found is Google paypal and click the support button. Then you're on your way.

I would hope PayPal bans this guy from doing anyone else harm. He's toast.What a loser peace of crap.

I am not sure why the money orders weren't received. However PayPal finally got it figured out with my bank. We are in a major snow and ice storm down here and all major interstates have been closed.I don't know if that has had a delay on the mail service here

I would hope PayPal bans this guy from doing anyone else harm. He's toast.What a loser peace of crap.

It's "piece" as in "small part of" not "peace" as in "absence of war; state of harmony".

"That's how you threaten someone-- with GOOD GRAMMAR!" -- Sledge Hammer!
LOL:)
Later! OL JR :)

It's "piece" as in "small part of" not "peace" as in "absence of war; state of harmony".

Thanks for clearing that up, I thought he was accusing him of being a dirty hippie. I bet pilotguy gets abducted by aliens next week.

A peace of crap could refer to two turds arranged like fingers in a V-shaped peace sign.

I am not sure why the money orders weren't received. However PayPal finally got it figured out with my bank. We are in a major snow and ice storm down here and all major interstates have been closed.I don't know if that has had a delay on the mail service here

A note to all those involved, I've seen no service notices for snow. You'd be amazed what those white and blue trucks will go through.
https://about.usps.com/news/service-alerts/resident-weather-updates.htm

I don't have a horse in the race, but please just STFU and go away. Your unscrupulous dealings here are the rare exception to the norm in the yard sale section on TRF. I have had nothing but excellent dealings on here both buying and selling with many other people. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out...

Justin

Is there a way to register any IP's you have to prevent these idiots from doing this again? Also maybe not being able to access and sell until you have minimum post counts...or log a valid card and DL on file to be a member? I would do that in a flash. A pain i know, but this problem will do nothing but get worse.

Is there a way to register any IP's you have to prevent these idiots from doing this again? Also maybe not being able to access and sell until you have minimum post counts...or log a valid card and DL on file to be a member? I would do that in a flash. A pain i know, but this problem will do nothing but get worse.

Min post counts do nothing but generate trash posts. Also they chase away people who may not use forums, but have tons of gear to unload cheap. We like those guys. DL validation would be a pain to administer.

The yard sale is a great place. It's still safe. This guy threw out all kinds of flags. Learn to keep an eye out and you're safe. Look for photos, that don't pop up in a google search for the item. This is a small community. References really count.

Don't let one bad experiance sully what is an awesome place to get gear. Just learn from it. Drastic changes aren't needed.

Here is my take, and I have had to do this before. All affected should get together and have one person file a report for all at ic3.gov this will start an internet fraud investigation on this individual. With the total value of what all of you are out it will end up at his state attorney generals office. See how fast he wants to make good then!

Dennis

Collecting copies of drivers licenses? :y: NO thank you! Would you want the liability from a data theft standpoint?! I sure as heck wouldn't.

All these posts about the need for drastic changes really are making a mountain out of a molehill. One bad seller, and suddenly everyone is up in arms and wants to lock down the world. That's the equivalent of saying that everyone should get frisked on the way out of the store, because one person stole something.

Hundreds and hundreds of deals gone well, and one person behaves otherwise, and suddenly it's lockdown time? What a sad statement about society.

-Kevin

Collecting copies of drivers licenses? :y: NO thank you! Would you want the liability from a data theft standpoint?! I sure as heck wouldn't.

All these posts about the need for drastic changes really are making a mountain out of a molehill. One bad seller, and suddenly everyone is up in arms and wants to lock down the world. That's the equivalent of saying that everyone should get frisked on the way out of the store, because one person stole something.

Hundreds and hundreds of deals gone well, and one person behaves otherwise, and suddenly it's lockdown time? What a sad statement about society.

-Kevin

Kevin is right about this. Statistically, TRF has had a low number of incidents and has been great. The actions of a few are unfortunate.

Kevin is right about this. Statistically, TRF has had a low number of incidents and has been great. The actions of a few are unfortunate.

I agree there's always a bad apple in every bunch, but I think what we need to remember is he just didn't burn one person, but many. Just like what K&S but I think K&S burned a lot more and for a lot of money. It's sad this happens. I've always had good dealings with everyone on here.

+1^ I personally hate it when knee jerk reactions make "policy". Troj is correct in everything he said above. We are all "good" guys and gals and a bad person could consider that low hanging fruit ripe for the picking. Pay attention to the deal and use your gut, sounds too good to be true might be. I have only dealt with great people here and would hate to feel like I had to question someones motive when they want to sell something they don't need so a fellow rocketeer could save some money on an item.

If you buy enough off of ebay, I guarantee that you will get burned.

I have received positive confirmation that everyone has been refunded and or received their products. So I will be leaving this forum and the hobby. I just wanted to say this. For everyone INVOLVED thanks for your patience and understanding of the situation. I am happy you all have got refunded or got your products. For everyone NOT INVOLVED I will say this, I am tired of the crappy words. Your words have created quite a stir. I consider this matter CLOSED and ask upon the mods to lock this thread.

I have received positive confirmation that everyone has been refunded and or received their products. So I will be leaving this forum and the hobby. I just wanted to say this. For everyone INVOLVED thanks for your patience and understanding of the situation. I am happy you all have got refunded or got your products. For everyone NOT INVOLVED I will say this, I am tired of the crappy words. Your words have created quite a stir. I consider this matter CLOSED and ask upon the mods to lock this thread.

I've said in other threads that the Mods seldom lock a thread or delete it for that matter.

Thing is if he's truely gone he'll never read this ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back