Are you going to NARAM 47?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking this would be my first NARAM, but my wife has had a few minor medical issues recently. She comes before rockets, so I will be back at home keeping an eye on her.

On a postive note, anyone know where NARAM 48 will be held? :D

Originally posted by TheRadiator
On a postive note, anyone know where NARAM 48 will be held?

Generally, the site of NARAM for the following year is announced at the awards banquet. However, Trip Barber posted a note to the Section leaders a few days ago that no bids for NSL or NARAM for next year have come in yet (as previously announced, WOOSH will host NARCON again next year). Hopefully someone will step forward this month.

Bill

I'll be there for the first weekend, just sport flying.

I'm bringing my G-powered Saturn V (finished a year ago but never flown) and PML Mini-BBX. I may also bring my twice-rebuilt Vaughn Bros. Javelin, "Reintarnation". Every other flight on it seems to end in disaster. So it should fly great at NARAM!

Our 7-year-old will be bringing an Estes Spaceship One, and maybe an Executioner if we have time to finish them both.

How much flying can we reasonably expect to do on sport weekend - how crowded are the flight lines?

Hi All,

QModeling will be at NARAM 47 Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. This will be our first National event. We will be having a great deals on our kits and other products for customers who purchase kits and products at NARAM 47 directly or attend the show and stop by our booth. Check out:

https://www.qmodeling.com/QModeling/Events.htm#NARAM_47

for details of our NARAM 47 specials.

Most importantly we are looking forward to test flying new models (i.e., MRS-ANDROMEDA - see attached files), launching current models, and meeting Born Again Rocketeer customers.

I personal can't wait to shake the hands of Chan Stevens and the rest of the NARAM 47 Team. Chan has been a solid supporter of QModeling. It will be a pleasure and honor meeting with him face to face.

Tom Quinn
QModeling, President/Sales

Originally posted by Chilly
How much flying can we reasonably expect to do on sport weekend - how crowded are the flight lines?

No way to tell. We've never had a NARAM here before. I flew at NARAM 43 in Geneseo in 2001 and managed about a dozen flights on Saturday and part of Sunday. It wasn't bad at all. I think it winds up being what you make of it. I spent time prepping, flying, and recovering, then took a walk through the vendor area, then had a bite to eat, then socialized, etc. I guess you could rush through it, but you miss a lot that way. ;)

Unfortunately we only have time to be there for the Sports Flying Sessions given other business commitments - like processing orders. We plan to do as much as we can on the three days we are there, socializing as you point out Bill being a big one.

Attached is another picture of our first test flight of the MRS-ANDROMEDA

Tom

Originally posted by tpquinn
Hi All,

QModeling will be at NARAM 47 Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. This will be our first National event. We will be having a great deals on our kits and other products for customers who purchase kits and products at NARAM 47 directly or attend the show and stop by our booth. Check out:

[

Tom, I had read you announcement on rmr. Glad you posted it here too. I'm looking forward to seeing you next week!

jim

Jim,

I missed you at NERRF and I'm looking forward to catching up with you at NARAM. I'm sure we have many war stories to talk about.

Tom

Question...

Does anyone know if the "directions" the give *to* the field are *from* the host hotel?

Not knowing the area, the first line "Exit I-75 at Exit 22" doesn't really mean a darned thing to me....

sort of.
according to mapquest:

take 275 East
to 75 north to exit 22.
turn right on Tylersville Rd.
Left on Cox.

Changed reservations to the host hotel (Extended Stay America had neither pool nor workout facilities ---- for the Missus and kids of course ---- like I'm going to do anything non-rockety this weekend? Yeah, right!) so I'm loking forward to meeting y'all face to face. I'll get a round at the 12 oz payload loft either Friday or Saturday evening-ish. Can't miss me. I would have the unnaturally red Baron Harkonnen thing going with the hair, blowing money on more kits that I won't have room to carry home in the car. Hopefully, one of you vendors seeing this will be sporting some C6-0's; could get tham at the local hobby shop, but I'd prefer to patronize one of the vendors who are taking the time to attend (Got my daughter's Snitch, some Applewhite saucers, and my own made-from-paper model for the EMRR challenge that all require 18mm boosters, and if they travel low-n-slow, might as well put the largest 18 in there I can....

Al

Truck is 3/4 packed.

I put Dudley Do-Right in there (the big foam cup rocket) and with temps hitting near 100 she began to dismantle herself in the truck... so I have the fin core removed for the trip out and will put her back together in the hotel Friday night...

off to bed!
jim

I just got off the phone with CTulanko...We're pumped!!!!

I should be at the host hotel (if I got it right!!!) about 6:00P.M.

I got to bed past 1:00am this morning after putting the finishing touches on my Plastic Model Conversion rocket. Work is really going slowly, today! I take off tomorrow morning from Denver and hope to arrive Saturday late afternoon or evening. Wish I had as short a drive as you all! Drive safe, everyone.

Russ

PS- Jim, I hope you fly that huge thing after I arrive! If not, make it a good flight so you can do it again later in the week!

I would love to be able to fly Dudley twice :)

Right now I am at my brother's house in Schenectady, NY. Didn't get to sleep till 3am and was up at 6....

gonna be a long day...

jim

I just woke up from my afternoon nap!:D

All my stuff is packed and loaded into the truck...

I'll leave here about 1:00 tomorrow and get there about 6:00

Yea...I know...I SUCK!:cool:

We're packing tomorrow and will be heading down there Saturday morning. It's only about 2 hours from here so no big deal.

Just cancelled my reservation at the host hotel if anybody's still looking for a room. I've got too many Hilton points from biz travel so it didn't make sense to spend *real* money on a hotel. We'll be at the Hampton Inn about 10 min. away.

I was thinking about packing, but I forgot I'm already here.
Hope everyone gets here safely and I'll see you saturday.............

CRAP!!:mad:

$&^^$%&&%##*_

After vacuming my truck packing and repacking...

The friggin' battery is dead!:eek:

I may be a bit late.:rolleyes:

Got hung up with a doctor's visit and some other crapola, but heading out the door within 15-20 mins, so I should see Cincy about 10-1030.

If anybody's still functioning, buzz me on my cell 248-808-3646. A cold beer (or root beer) will probably taste good around then.

Then, up and atem Saturday morning. ;)

Just got back myself and took the wife out for dinner.

I'm beat!

What a great week!

Friday was the best day! All those scale models!!:D

Way way cool!

Fantastic time...

oh yea...it was a bit hot...just a bit! :rolleyes:

Back