Alien Interceptor--"BERSERKER"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a really wild looking finish! Looking forward to some pictures of the Berserker and the Tingler both taking off and perhaps battling to the death. I still half expect to wake up tomorrow and find you and Scotty Dog have taken over the galaxy.

Got some work done on the lug assembly. It ended up going in a different direction than I first imagined. I used a couple of dowels and glued them together and taped them so they would not warp. Next I glued on two lugs with yellow wood glue. I cut a piece of plastic stock I had laying around to shape. I tried to keep it similar to the ship. I epoxied this to the dowels. Next I cut some plastic stock into 1 inch strips and epoxied them to the lugs, leaving the bottom of the lug exposed. After this had set---about 10 min. --I trimmed the excess off with a pair of scissors . I glued the edges together with Ambroid Pro Weld and after it set for a couple mins. I sanded off any extra stuff and painted the assembly. It can be anything you can imagine --an external mounted beam weapon--a stealthy missle--who knows, but, it fit the bill and hid the lugs------DSCF0299.JPGDSCF0303.JPGDSCF0304.JPGDSCF0307.JPGDSCF0309.JPG

Got the canopyDSCF0301.JPGDSCF0302.JPG and windscreen laid out and some markings. There won't be many markings since I'm trying to keep it subdude.----On Masoom, construction of the battle carriers progressed at a steady pace. Nothing in either fleet compared to them in size or firepower. -Sitting at his desk, the squadron CO. recieved a communication. Contact had been lost with one of the SAT's outlying planets. A farming and food production world, KEEM, lay at the outer reaches of the SAT's territorial space .

That might be a winter project------View attachment 90734

I'd LOVE to see a fly-able White Star. I'll definatley subscribe to that build thread. I suspect a shadow vessel might be possible as well, (I'm picturing something like those dowel-stabilized "Sputnik" style rockets...) but both are beyond my modeling abilities right now.

white star (on a white lightning) and a shadow vessel (on a dark matter) - that would make for one hell of a drag race. :)

I took a couple days off from the project. I needed to take a breather and wrap my head around the markings. I did'nt care for the ones I had on the spine and tonight I sanded them off with a 1000 grit sanding sponge. With that task out of the way I went online and looked at alien fonts---I was tired of trying to reinvent the wheel---I settled on this----DSCF0003.JPG----Made my life simple by choosing the bottom line---I cut the letters out of a copy I made with an exacto knife. Next I sprayed a little adhesive on the back---placed it and sprayed black over it. I thought about other colors---green, purple, on and on, but I figured less was better. Here's the result-----DSCF0004.JPGDSCF0007.JPG---by the way, I flipped them upside down--if there is such a thing---pretty happy with the results. I'll finish the process up tomorrow and reclear.

Went to the DARS launch today , man those guys and gals have got some nice ships. Anyway got back to task to finish this thing up. It needed some color. As I mentioned before the SAT's had figured out the decoration thing----so I decided to make this the Group Commanders ship with a little flare. I had a little bit of the black vinyl material left over from the Tigerwolf build. I sprayed it with white, yellow orange, and dark red, and then overcoated it with rusto clear gloss while they were still soft---the colors were Krylon. It's about 105 outside so tack dried quickly-----DSCF0012.jpg----Next I cut out the stripes and applied them----I like the touch---Since the Berserker has no true color , I imagine the chromatophores in the skin can make these disappear and reappear as wanted---at least for today you can see them---DSCF0014.jpgDSCF0016.jpgDSCF0017.jpgDSCF0018.jpg--- all that's left is an overall clearcoat, hook up the chute and shockcord and recheck the cg/cp and add weight if needed.

Not only is this the baddest coolest thing I have ever seen, there is a story to go along with it! I like to think I'm clever, but WOW. Talk about the opposite of 3FNC! This is pure creativity. Great, no, FANTASTIC job.

We were there today for a short time, it was so dang hot that the kids threw in the towel way early!!

LOVE the colors you added, great contrast for the whole ship, very nice!!

WOW! At this point, I cant think of what you will do next!

Looks amazing, the little bit of color adds a nice touch too.

Well, I'm gonna call this one done and ready. Hope to get out in the next week or so to put her up.----DSCF0026.JPG ----Be on the lookout for the Dran-lok, attack fighter, build---coming to a forum near you.--------War was on the horizon. The SAT/Earther combined force would have to depend on their training and each other to survive the upcoming conflict ! ---The adventure continues........

Oh my, yes it is big! :eyepop: Very, very nice. Try to get flight pics! :)
Oh, and I don't know what you mean by "War was on the horizon." There isn't a horizon in space. :confused: :tongue:

Back