Dran-lok / Superceptor--build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW, Thanks guys---I really promise to get back at it and do the inerds--just been a crazy week and last night I had to stay up and watch the race and hope my boy made it into the Chase--IT WAS A GOOD NIGHT!!!-----All is not lost though, I've been tinkering with the Grackle transport ship design as well as the enemy maurader design. At least I know I have something to do till Christmas!!

Why do I have a feeling that this is going to turn into a very large fleet? :D

WOW, Thanks guys---I really promise to get back at it and do the inerds--just been a crazy week and last night I had to stay up and watch the race and hope my boy made it into the Chase--IT WAS A GOOD NIGHT!!!-----All is not lost though, I've been tinkering with the Grackle transport ship design as well as the enemy maurader design. At least I know I have something to do till Christmas!!

Which is your boy?

Kyle Busch SUCKS!!

I whole heartedly agree! He's worse than Tony Stewart used to be! A couple of years ago I heard him cuss out his pit crew on the radio when he lost a race. That was it for me. What a cry baby. My favorite is Marcos Ambrose, but I'm not sure he'll ever get the hang of oval tracks.

Ive been a Jeff Gordon fan since he was a rookie. I fell asleep during the rain delay thinking jeff didnt have a chance and woke up to see him take second! Then I couldn't go back to sleep. Sorry Hornet, didn't mean to hijack your thread.:wink:

Ive been a Jeff Gordon fan since he was a rookie. I fell asleep during the rain delay thinking jeff didnt have a chance and woke up to see him take second! Then I couldn't go back to sleep. Sorry Hornet, didn't mean to hijack your thread.:wink:

Hijack away---It's gonna be a couple days before I get anything else done anyway---The way the race started I thought it was all over but the cryin---WHAT A COMEBACK!

I got a little bit done today, I also got sidetracked working on a new launch pad---see support thread---I worked on the recovery system a bit and got the weight sled installed---I now use some form of this on all my builds and continue to tweek it a bit on each build---This time I simply cut a T notch in the back of the NC and placed the front of the sled through it and tightened things down a little 5 min. epoxy around the nut and I was done. Shown in the final pic is the fender washers I use for weight--these are only an example--I may use more or less as needed---DSCF0187.JPGDSCF0188.JPGDSCF0189.JPG--- On Keem, the Dragon Riders settled into the desert life on this now lonely planet. Their Supers were perfectly hidden on the desert floor. The crews lived out of their escape capsule behind the cockpit. While not large it did have everything needed for a 90 day stay in space while awaiting a rescue or a forward basing mission like this. For 26 days they sat on the planet surface , quietly and passively observing the sky above them. As well there were two Berserkers in orbit around Keems smallest moon. They too sat quiet and camoflaged against the backdrop of open space,listening and looking, giving off no signals---until----

Last edited:
Holy misprint Batman---I said I was using 1/8 lugs earlier---NOT---I meant 1/4-- sorry my bad--Just reviewing the post ----H

Back