60 Acres Park, Redmond, WA (Seattle area)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck with that. I'll be running the Boeing launch at that time.

My wife and I are planning to come to Sixty Acres on Sunday. I expect there will be some demand for NAR Official Observers for tARC flights. And I'm sure we'll fly some as well.

I have a need for one D12-0 motor, but all I have in stock are D12-3’s. If anyone who will be at 60 Acres wants to trade a motor, let me know. If not, I can add it to my next motor order.

Also, if anyone needs a long pole to save a rocket from the rocket-eating trees, I’ll have my 20’ pole there on Sunday.

I’m planning on trying to get there on the early side because I have to leave no later than 2 PM on Sunday. I am pretty sure I have a D12 0, but I will double check and if so you are welcome to it.

On the other hand, if I can walk after Saturday’s launch who knows…

I have a need for one D12-0 motor, but all I have in stock are D12-3’s. If anyone who will be at 60 Acres wants to trade a motor, let me know. If not, I can add it to my next motor order.

Also, if anyone needs a long pole to save a rocket from the rocket-eating trees, I’ll have my 20’ pole there on Sunday.
I do have D12-0s. See you Sunday.

Thanks to both of you. It’s not a big rush, but I would like it to fly the Windmill of Destiny. 60 Acres might be too crowded for that rocket until after the TARC deadline though.

Fabulous day at the Boeing club launch, despite a couple of D12-3 CATOS. I hope tomorrow is even better! See you at 60!

Foot for scale. Didn’t have a banana handy.

Attachments

• IMG_4762.jpeg
    IMG_4762.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4764.jpeg
    IMG_4764.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4800.jpeg
    IMG_4800.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 0
I may have left a 24 ounce water flask, blue, (similar to hydroflask, but different brand) in the west parking lot. On the off chance anyone finds it, please let me know! Thank you.

Never mind. I found it, right where it was supposed to be. .

Last edited:
Looking at the weather, it appears that Sunday afternoon may be sunny and mildly windy. Saturday, not so good. So I’m planning on 60 Acres Sunday the 24th, late morning. Gotta take advantage of it now, before soccer season starts.

Assuming the weather holds, Ingraham Rocketry will be out there midday Sunday.

If the forecast continues in the direction it is headed I will expect to be needed for at least a few official tARC flights...so will plan to come up Sunday, clipboard in hand. Of course I'll bring a couple of things to fly, too.

Still planning on being there tomorrow, Sunday the 24th. Probably not before 11 or even 12. I'll be bringing my rail. But I'm keeping an eye on the weather. The rain situation is looking slightly worse, but the wind slightly better. We'll just have to wait and see.

The Washington Youth Rocketry Program has announced their summer programs. These include at least one launch date at 60 Acres, August 3rd, with different groups at different times, starting at 10 AM. These are the folks who left the place a huge mess after one of their events last year and were slightly less than polite to us (asking as to move). You can see their schedule at the link below.

I don't know how this coordinates with soccer, which reminds me that it's time to start trying to second guess the soccer dates.

Actually the programs look pretty good, although not cheap: https://www.wayouthrocketry.org/programs (they are a 501 3 c non profit, chances are they aren't making much money on these, but roughly speaking it looks like $100 per half day)

Anyway, it looks like they'll be occupying the north field on August 3rd.

Last edited:
Bring out the Winnnndddmmmmiiilll of DDDEESSTTTIINNNYYYY! Lol.
Haha. I try to fly every rocket in my fleet every year, so I will probably prioritize other ones for a while. I might fly it at Sod Blaster though. Now that I have it sorted out, it should be a good one for a crowd.

Same rocket and same engine as last week! D12-3.

I didn’t even realize you were there. So much TARC. So many team.
We have a slightly new spot, using the concrete pads near the disabled parking spots. One of our team members had a major knee injury (sports, not rocketry), so we're setting up tables on the concrete to accommodate her wheelchair. I think we're the only team using F70's this year, so if you hear that sweet, sweet 0.8 second burn on a TARC flight, you know it's us.

We have a slightly new spot, using the concrete pads near the disabled parking spots. One of our team members had a major knee injury (sports, not rocketry), so we're setting up tables on the concrete to accommodate her wheelchair. I think we're the only team using F70's this year, so if you hear that sweet, sweet 0.8 second burn on a TARC flight, you know it's us.
See, all that exercise stuff is bad for you!

This weekend is lookin' good! I could fly either day. Sunday is Easter and that might matter for some people. @BEC told me that Sunday works for him. Any one else want to voice their preferences?
I'll be out one of those days, but I'm not sure which. I need to poll the students.

Depending on how other things go, I or we (Avis and I) may be up both days — mainly to support official ARC flights. I do have one other thing to test, and if I get another glider built by the weekend, I'll have two.

Back