60 Acres Park, Redmond, WA (Seattle area)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Models are in the IKEA bag ready to go — some prepped, some not. We will get there when we get there but are planning to come up probably in the late morning.

What a great day at the park. I think the highlight (for me anyway) was the F15 CATO in my mega Sputnik. Estes will be hearing from me! But it was totally worth it. I’ll upload idea to YouTube and post a link here when I get a chance.

Many great flights and a good crowd.

See you all again on the 10th!

Attachments

• IMG_3447.jpeg
    IMG_3447.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I got some good pictures and videos from yesterday's launch. I've compiled the best ones in a Google Drive folder as well as the edited version of the slow-motion clips. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vR3CZRmN2GRpLzS-QPYAqP_hAQlX6u5o?usp=sharing
May I have permission to share on Facebook? I can give you credit under whatever name you prefer (or none). If you prefer not to share your drive to FB, I could download and share myself, again, with or without credit. Thank you!

May I have permission to share on Facebook? I can give you credit under whatever name you prefer (or none). If you prefer not to share your drive to FB, I could download and share myself, again, with or without credit. Thank you!
Yeah go for it. You can just use my first name as the credit.

Edit: oops I accidentally replied with a different account.

Last edited:
Hi All! The Boeing club (open to everyone) will be launching down at Pacific Raceways in Kent, tomorrow, Feb 17, with the weather looking like it might permit. Or might not. Keep an eye on their website: https://www.bemrc.org/

In addition, the Scale Model club is having an exhibition at the Museum of Flight this weekend, 10 to 5 each day. I plan on being there on Sunday if we can fly on Saturday, or Saturday if the Boeing launch is scrubbed. So, keep an eye on the weather and perhaps I'll see you at one of these events.

Hi all!

I was not optimistic about the weather, and sure, we had the Boeing launch last weekend and the WAC launch is next weekend, but while the winds are little higher than desired, the rest looks good, so I’m thinking 60 Acres around 11.

Sunday might also work, but the winds are predicted to be a bit higher. But if there was more interest in Sunday, I’d switch.

Or both.

Soccer season is right around the corner, we gotta grab it while we can!
ken

I may be up tomorrow helping with a TARC team (and I will bring a couple of things to fly on my own if I come, as always). Sunday's weather forecast looks terrible both on the National Weather Service and Weather Underground — I just looked. Much higher winds and much higher rain chance and amounts.

If Weather Underground is closer to right, tomorrow won't be bad at all.

If I come up I MUST leave no later than 2 PM. Other obligations in Auburn.

Last edited:
Ingraham Rocketry will be up flying TARC flights tomorrow midday, in our usual spot at the far East end of the north field. I’ll bring something else to fly but I haven’t decided what yet.

Ingraham Rocketry will be up flying TARC flights tomorrow midday, in our usual spot at the far East end of the north field. I’ll bring something else to fly but I haven’t decided what yet.
Practice only, or will there be any qualification attempts? I could observe (well, up to 2 PM) if needed.

Practice only, or will there be any qualification attempts? I could observe (well, up to 2 PM) if needed.
Practice since this is the first flight day after a crash. Hopefully scored flights in two weeks. Thank you!

WAC plans a launch tomorrow, Sunday the 3rd, 11 to 1. The weather is iffy at best. I will decide at the last moment. But a number of us are planning on being there on the 9th.

But here it is Saturday or OMG, partly sunny and no wind, not at all what was predicted (except cold), so who knows?

Sunny but breezy and chilly here right now. I just looked at the NWS forecast for Sixty Acres for tomorrow and while the predicted winds (and snow chance) are dropping, the precipitation change is increasing.

I'm with you, I think we'll make a "morning of" decision tomorrow but I'll prep a few things tonight anyway to be ready to take advantage if possible.

Back