3" Upscale Estes Goblin Build Thread With PICTURES!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by connerkuhns
thats pretty cool Aaron

greetings connerkuhns, from another person who has the last name of "Kuhns" ! Last name spelled like that isn't exactly as common as Smith or Johnson... :p Anyway, welcom aboard, from one Kuhns to another ;)

Testing fitting the motor retenting on the 38mm-29mm motor adpt with a RT/Dr. R/AT hardware installed.

Completed rocket with Loki 480 for scale.

I just need to do the external epoxy fillets. Just need to get 20' of 1/4" tubular kevlar and decals.

Hey we are going to see pictures of this finshed too. Maybe even on the pad or in the air. Looks great! Nice job...

Originally posted by sandmantoy
Hey we are going to see pictures of this finshed too. Maybe even on the pad or in the air. Looks great! Nice job...
Yep but I still need to do the external fillets, paint it, and get decals. I still don't know where I can get decals for it though.

EDIT: I'll get pictures of it on the pad and try to get launch pictures of it too.

My brother uses a local sign shop to make the lettering on his race car. He has given them pictures and they resize them to what ever size he wants but I think it is a little spendy but very nice. Vinyl transfer too. May give you an idea of other places to look anyway.

I got mine from Tango Papa...pretty reasonable price. Very good quality.

You can also make your own - buy some decal paper - I use Bell Decal Paper - you can find them on the internet. The scans of the originals can be found on the internet as well.

Good Luck!!!

I got my 3x Goblin decals from Tango Papa, as well. I haven't ordered from him in years; hopefully he's still around.

Dave1

Look awesome, can't wait to see it painted. We get our scale decals from Tango Papa.

you may try Mike Fisher at Binder Designs for decals, he did my Ultra4 stickers in computer-cut vinyl! very nice!

Thanks Radiomb, WolfStar, Lucas, Skylinkdave, Hogan3276, and sandmantoy for the comments.

I haven't posted any more pictures, because there is nothing really to take pictures of untill I get it painted and decals. Also I needs more epoxy to do the external fillets. I've run out that means a trip to the hobby shop. :)

Saw your finished thread, nice to see how that was built... I am curious, why do the fin tabs not extend all the way to the motor tube? It appears like they are just 1/4 or a 1/2" short of touching the motor tube...

Cant wait to hear about this birds flights! Planned motors?

Originally posted by jraice
Saw your finished thread, nice to see how that was built... I am curious, why do the fin tabs not extend all the way to the motor tube? It appears like they are just 1/4 or a 1/2" short of touching the motor tube...

Cant wait to hear about this birds flights! Planned motors?

The fin tabs don't extend all the way to the motor tube because I had original cut them for a odd diameter body tube not the standard size. But then I deside to go with a stand size body tube because I didn't want to have to turn my own nosecone. The planned first flight should be an H123-10.

well they seem pretty strong... You could have probably dropped a little weight but cutting them really short, like a 1/2" tab (just enough for an internal fillet) but im sure that it will work out just fine!

Let us know how it goes, should be a nice ride with an H motor...

your setup for retention, and how you retain both the adaptor and the motor in the adaptor!

And it works with aerotech/cti style thrust rings and loki thrust rings! Genious!

well that will be cool, you gonna fly it at the december launch on my birthday?
at TCC cliff is going to buy me a H669 and im going to put that in the fat boy using a accelerometer for deployment, then ill put a I366R in it. :D

-conner

Those should be some fun flights! Hope you built that bird well! Those warp-9 H's are shreddin' machines!

it has fiberglassed fins and body tube, if flown it on a I285 and I161 so far, perfect flights on both motors
-conner

Back