2nd Annual TRF Secret Santa!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just sent my email, first-timer, I can't wait! (Geez, sometimes I feel like such a big kid :rolleyes: Is there any sort of informal dollar range or guideline, or is it entirely up to the individual?

Great idea, thanks!

-Paul

basically up to the buyer...a good standard is 10 bucks though...any more is up to you.

If Santa chooses to reveal him/her self to me that's ok... but if not, that's ok too. I'm less inclined to 'fess up myself because I like the idea of secret meaning secret.

I would agree $10 sounds about right for a gift amount, $5 was said earlier, and if that is all you can afford then so be it, but shipping with most companies is over that. I would feel bad if I went really cheap and got someone something really really inexpensive, ... and then got a more pricey gift from someone else...

How you going to keep it secret with the TRF map going on? You *do* want a return address on there in case something happens.

Most of the stuff on my wish list is on the order of $10-$15, and that's about what I plan on spending as well. I stuck on a couple of itmes that break $20, but those were just vain hopes - the majority of my items were under $15 (and if whoever gets me feels any pressure to get an expensive item - don't. I stuck them on there knowing that I would never actually get them, so don't feel any pressure to get me anything too expensive).

Oops. We were supposed to put a wish list on there too?

My wish list had some small stuff, 1/2" kevlar, 38mm phenolic tubing, 2.5" phenolic tube (Meant full length coupler...... but I can always exchange the tube or something like that) and an inexpensive MPR kit, most are pretty pricy but there are some dealers with some $15-$20 MPR gifts, incase anybody feels extra christmas spirat, but the kevlar would be awsome and isnt super expensive, I only need 3 yards ($3-$4 a yard). Need some to attach the main harness to (kevlar provides heat resistance, main harness packs well and is longer to reduce stress). Cant wait! I am sorry, but I dont know if I can wait till christmas ;) need to start working on this two stage beast.

You can put a wish list on - you don't have to

if you've already emailed me your info and forgot the wish list, email the same addy, [email protected] and tell me that you've already emailed me. then i will put your wish's down when i send your info to your santa.

cheers!

We also need a list of vendors that are willing to ship secret santa items for us.

I would perfer to do business with TRF members than the local wal-mart....

Originally posted by JBeau
FLIS...FLIS...FLIS!!!

What?...WHAT?... WHAT!??!?!!?

:D

Yep, you can order from FlisKits and provide the Ship To address in the COMMENTS section of the order. Also mention that it is a Secret Santa gift in the note (this will keep me from sending YOU and email asking you why you want it going to a different address... :) )

jim

Please add us to the the list of supporting vendors for the 2nd Annual TRF Secret Santa. Just put 'secret santa' in the additional comments of the shopping cart.

Best regards,
Brian

I'm in. Sounds like fun. I know most of this stuff on this list cost way above 10 dollars so however gets me don't feel pressured to buy it or buy it for me at all and don't tell me you got me then it ruins the hole surprise aspect.
My wishlist as followed:
Dr. Rocket 29/60 motor casing
Dr. Rocket 29/100 motor casing
Dr. Rocket 29/360 motor casing
Dr. Rocket 38mm 240 - 480 motor system (In my dreams)
Flis Kit Deuces Wild
3" in diameter LOC electronics bay
Just to name a few items.

well, we've already beaten last years participation, we're up to 52 people so far, and we're hardly a week into november. heh. keep em coming.

BTW, all emails that i've recieved have been replied to, if you've sent an email before this time which has not recieved a reply, let me know, you'll probably have to resend, because all my inbox emails are marked.

If you get me (jordan raice) please dont get anything that the wish list says, I just got some extra $$$ so I plan on getting that stuff earlier then next month. One thing that would be a cool winter project, a flis kit rickter rechor, or am I dreaming? A three E30 or three E15 launch with that would be a cool smaller flight (for the same price as a I motor... but still fun). A gift card to a vendor that sells HPR stuff (flis kits is nice but I need some HPR parts) would also be awsome if $40 is to much for you to spend, and I am guessing most people wont spend that kind of money.

Then thank god Red Arrow Hobbies is on TRF. Now if only Commonwealth was a member of TRF. Any way thanks Jim.

wow - ton of people this year. Should be fun.

thanks everyone so far! we've just reached 60 participants...at this time, all emails sent to me should have been replied to. if not, then i do not have your email. thanks guys.

Why are those the only vendors? Most vendors have a ship to and a bill to address, why cant you just put yours for bill to and ship it to the recipient?

Those are just the vendors who have spoken up. I'd imagine you could use any vendor you'd like, though.

Back