2nd Annual TRF Secret Santa!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds pretty cool!!! I am sure I have some stuff laying around that I could bundle up for a nice treat... or is everything going through vendors?

Well, I wasn't around for this last year, but this sounds fun. It can't hurt to spread some Christmas cheer... I'm in.
Reed

anything can be a present...you dont have to order from vendors, im just saying, keep them in mind, they are an important part of keeping this hobby going strong. but i mean, if you've already got something that you havent opened or anything, then you should be all set.

I don't know that I need anything, but send me a name to give a present to.

its easier if everyone participates both ways....i know how you feel, but giving is part of the holiday, and it'd make someone feel better to give to you as well. :)

ok guys, so far including myself we've got 38 participants. i believe last year we racked up close to 50, something like 48...so far we're doing pretty well...lets keep them sign ups coming!!!

I sent an e-mail and then a wish list e-mail as well, didnt ever get a comfirmation e-mail though...

im sorry guys...for some reason, i think you sent 3 messages or something and it immediately dumped them into the bulk folder..a few others were as well, i still have to weed through some emails and make sure that i've got one from everyone with everything that they want. i've done my best so far to respond with confirmations, but i've got a busy schedule, so please bear with me. its good that you've notified me though through this thread. if you have a technical question about the operation, please do not email it to me at the signup email, email me at my regular email [email protected] or else just post it on here. thanks for the feedback guys.

ok, now ALL emails should have been responded to, if you have not recieved a response by this time today, please resend your info to [email protected] .......thanks for your patience guys.

So basiclly later this month you will give us all a person to send gifts to... when will this happen? Are people grouped in pairs... like I send him something and he sends me something, or is there only one connection between each person?

Somebody will get a "Special Edition" one of a kind Roachwerk's kit!:D

now thats the fun part. at the end of november, probably close to thanksgiving, give or take a few days, i will put everyones name into a hat/box...whatever, (last year i used a red sox cap...GO RED SOX) and i will pull EVERY name out and enter it onto a graph. then i will put everyones name BACK into the hat and pull them again. now, in the event that someone recieves themself, i will obviously put it back into the hat and redraw. now, this year, i will have nothing to do with the drawing, my brother will actually preform it, since i'd like to participate this year. anyway, in the left column, will be the sender, and in the right column, will be the reciever, since everyones name is pulled for both columns, everyone will both send AND recieve. thing is, im only sending you the info of the person you are buying for. SO, you will have ABSOLUTELY no idea who is getting you a present. the way this will work is, they will send you the package, and their choice, either inside the package they will identify themselves, or they can PM you, or we can set up another thread with SECRET SANTA presents and who gave them to you, and thats where your santa will identify themselves. seems easy enough right? lol. let me know if you have any more questions.

one more thing, in the spirit of christmas, please do not open packages until christmas! same goes for identifying yourself as a santa to whoever your reciever is...

Originally posted by sandman
Somebody will get a "Special Edition" one of a kind Roachwerk's kit!:D

Hey hey!

I put together a "one of a kind" kit last year too! Well, it was a clone kit, but what the heck.

It was really gratifying to put a bit of work into it, and I plan on doing the same thing this year. :cool:

How about this: I imagine most of the gifts will be a nice rocket kit or three, so we can make it even more fun that the Secret Santa's can require a few "in process" building pics posted by the recipients before they'll reveal themselves.

Maybe get everyone to take a pic of themselves holding the kit before they send it, and then that can be matched here in RTF side-by-sde with a pic of the built rocket held by the recipient.

...and a little santa-elf in-between the pics.

Hehe
rtf-secretsanta05.jpg

Ditto....except my spell checker spelled my name wrong for me.....

DOH!

Al

I'm in.

I missed it last year and it seemed like a lot of fun.

jbeau, that's a really good idea, however, im not sure that everyone is going to be all for that. if you'd like, you could do that, however, i think that we should impose a time limit of 1 week. so if you dont reveal yourself after that week, super santa shall step in....hehehe. also, not everyone has a digi-cam. i do love your illustration though. lol. lookin goood

Back