Estes Price Increase

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rokitflite

Reaction score
While at our warehouse today, the guy who processes our orders informed me that all of the Estes prices have gone up:mad:. It happens every year but damn, I wish they would skip it just once! :rolleyes:

Off hand, what are the new retails for like C6s, D12s, and E9s? Last time I checked I saw like $10.29 retail for Cs, ouch! :shock:

While at our warehouse today, the guy who processes our orders informed me that all of the Estes prices have gone up:mad:. It happens every year but damn, I wish they would skip it just once! :rolleyes:

In this economy, with all the pay raise freezes and lay-offs. Disposable income is becoming obsolete, and they want to raise prices? Typical corporate buy out.

I have no clue what the increases are yet. They are usually like 5% or so. What I'm worried about now that I see some of the new kits we got in, is wether or not Estes is getting rid of plastic nose cones altogether!:confused: The Super Maxi XL Turbo Ninja Neon (or whatever the heck its called) is a BT-60 model and has a balsa version of the Red Max nose cone on it. I mean, its a great looking cone, but darnit I put in enough time filling balsa cones in the 70s and 80s:mad:.

Yea i dont understand this ether you would think that they would keep the prices the same or even lower to keep their income coming in. It seems lke everyone is doin the same. I know our plumbing company we are keeping our prices the same to keep our customers happy even though gas prices are higher.

I have no clue what the increases are yet. They are usually like 5% or so. What I'm worried about now that I see some of the new kits we got in, is wether or not Estes is getting rid of plastic nose cones altogether!:confused: The Super Maxi XL Turbo Ninja Neon (or whatever the heck its called) is a BT-60 model and has a balsa version of the Red Max nose cone on it. I mean, its a great looking cone, but darnit I put in enough time filling balsa cones in the 70s and 80s:mad:.

have you looked at the prices listed on the Estes website and compared them to your current price list? I think they are the new higher prices for late 2009/2010.

if not, then they have raised them once in late 2009 and again in early 2010.

What did Estes Customer Service say when you called them?

:neener:

Calling them would not help me compare the prices the original poster was told were the "new" prices to the prices I think are the "new" prices that just showed up on the Estes website in the last few weeks.

Let's try 6 examples. I'll post the website prices and you tell me what you've been told are the new prices and then we can compare.

A8-3 3 pack $

C6-5 3 pack $10.29

D12-5 3 pack $15.29

E9-4 3 pack $21.29

Blast Off Flight Pack $63.29

Big Bertha kit $22.99

Back